1/32 Scale Arado Ar 196A-3

Stargeezer

I'm jumping into the WWII aircraft pool again I just ordered a Revell Arado Ar 196A-3 floatplane in 1/32 scale I think I will try a water dio with it. I'll post some pics when I get started.

AradoAr196A-32.jpg

I was looking for refrence pictures and found a 1/48 scale dio by Thomas Meyer I was thinking about doing something like that with my 1/32 scale Arado. He has a section of the hull of the Bismark as the background I hope mine turns out half that good.

02.jpg

Wow, that Diorama looks great. Have a nice fun by building the Arado. Im looking forward to see your progress.

u

Every time I see a build-up of this kit, I'm more and more tempted to buy it. Quite detailed out of the box, wing fold option and all... and who'd have thought that such a full-featured 1/32 kit would be priced so low? Revell is on a roll with 1/32 stuff lately!

Kevin 8)

OK now that I'm done with the little old lady I can start on my next build the Arado 196. I'm still debating about what I'm going to do with it. I have always wanted to build a dio of a seaplane moving slowly (taxiing) through the water with a small wake behind the floats. I would have to put a small electric motor in the plane to spin the prop and wire it through the floats into the base. I could also do a diorama of the plane tied up to a worf with a couple of figures standing on it like this picture. What do you all think?

ar196_002.jpg

Well I finally got started on the Arado I put the engine together and mounted a little electric pager motor in it. I'm useing a nine volt battery and with the drag of the prop and spinner attached it spins at just about the right speed not to fast and not to slow. I'll post some progress pics as soon as I can.

no need of a motor if you use a Spinning (wannabe) prop !!! Like Prop Blur photo etch propellers...

or a clear disk replicating a spinning prop ... that way.. no wires and no mess !

good luck with that plane... always one of my fav. sea planes...

Norm

out !

I have some pictures of the plane it still needs some weathering and finishing up and I need to do the base yet.

Arado2.jpg

Arado8.jpg

Arado1.jpg

Arado6.jpg

Hi guys the Arado 196 is finished I have it setting on a ocean made of painted aluminum foil the base is an upside down picture frame with the battery compartment under the water.

Arado9.jpg
Arado11.jpg
Arado13.jpg
Arado18.jpg
Arado14.jpg
Arado20.jpg

Latest posts

Back