1/25 Moebius Hudson Hornet Convertible

Jeeves

Well....I was going to make this into either a derelict car or a Zombie hunter...but the kit is just begging for me to do a classic car finish...so I ordered the Marshall Teague Nascar version to rust up ;)

But this kit is pretty sweet...loads of nice detail-- here is the engine as it stands now....
011%7E14.jpg
010%7E15.jpg
009%7E18.jpg

Thanks! Nope...it's actually just some metal paint I had gotten at AC Moore right out of the spray can...

Thanks everyone...

I had considered using Alclad, but then remembered I had this stuff handy and since I don't have a local source for Alclad, I thought I'd give it a try...I really like how it came out! As far as the color choices, I just followed the instructions...they mentioned crawling all over the exhibits in the Hudson Hornet museum, so I thought them trustworthy ;)

Hey everyone...

OK-- so I am getting near the point on my Hornet to where I can start painting- and while the Moebius instructions are great enough to include references to the actual Hudson Auto paint codes, there are no equivalents for those looking to use model paints and not spend an arm and a leg for actual Hudson paints ;) Any ideas how I might go about painting the exterior??

Check Scale Finishes http://www.scalefinishes.com/

He has OEM colors for Hornets. Even handy sets of 2 tone colors used on them.

Only other thing to do is research to see if you can find the paint chips for Hornet colors and try to match them up with some line of paint.

Thanks Spud!

So...sadly I painted the dashboard black as the instructions show and then added the gauges and other dash decals...and then decided on the blue over ivory scheme...I am planning on having the interior be ivory as well...going to take some creative masking to keep the decals intact as I paint the ivory over that dash...just don't think the black would be right in that case....

OK...so I got my new Hudson paints from Scale Finishes this week and gave them a go...
001%7E39.jpg

They are enamels which I hate ;) but they cover pretty well-- this is the first coat of the Ivory over my Rustoleum primer that I have grown to love...not bad coverage, eh?
002%7E31.jpg

I will have to mask off the lower panel and work on the Broadway Blue over the top...then have to figure out how to make the chrome look good...I know bare metal foil would be best, but considering cost and the actual small area of chrome I have to work on, I might try something else....

Here are some of the other interior pieces...
003%7E39.jpg

Those colours are gonna look awesome together. Like the interior color as well.

Thanks rookie!

Well-- here is where I am at with the Hornet...been having masking issues...will probably have to do it again...grrr....
009%7E19.jpg

The interior with the Ivory paint...
010%7E16.jpg

And the engine before I close everything up....
011%7E15.jpg
012%7E9.jpg

Calling this one done...some parts were really hard to paint...as you can probably tell ;)
002%7E34.jpg
001%7E42.jpg
003%7E42.jpg
And a look up her skirt ;)
004%7E37.jpg

I really enjoyed this one-- I look forward to building the race car version when some of my group build and contest builds draw to a close ;)

Great looking ride!!! I gotta get one of these. You did her proud Jeeves. ;D

Latest posts

Back