1/100 U-VII C U-Boat

Jim, ModelExpo has sales on kits all the time but you may already know that ;D

One thing that came to mind watching this. You could use a paper model as a template for making it out of styrene.

Hi Grendels.
Yes you could.

Todays update.
Finished installing the bulkheads and attached the horizontal riser. Sanded the keel and deck forms even.
Still more work to do on the superstructure.

Frame6_zps36b391e9.jpg

Frame7_zps9f50274f.jpg

I will be away for the rest of the weekend, so probably no more updates till Monday.

Comments and questions are always welcome.

Jim

jim, I showed this to my wife and she said, "Now that is a real model. He's not just glueing plastic together". ::)

WOW Jim, blink and you moved right up there!! Bulkheads look awesome!! Clean work!! Keep it coming!!

Hello.
Short update. Since I got home tonight, most of what I am doing is securing and straightening the keel line before I proceed.

Jim

Tonight's update.
Cutting this thicker card is hard on blades, I'm almost out. A trip to the art store is now scheduled for tomorrow.
Spent today installing horizontal support frames to the superstructure. Could only attach 1 frame at a time, fit and wait for the glue to dry before proceeding. Very slow process.
If all is alright tomorrow may be able to start the hull plating. We will see.

So here is how she stands tonight.

Frame8_zps16118b20.jpg

Frame9_zpsb20a2b68.jpg

Frame10_zpse9e85337.jpg

So far other than the scaling issue at the beginning this build is going fairly smoothly. (Have I just cursed myself?) ::)

Questions and comments always welcome.

Jim

Looking real nice Jim!! That hull should fare out rather well for you!!! Keep it coming!! ;)

:eek:, well I THOUGHT I had a chance with a sub this year :D Guess I'll put my chips into the next project. GREAT WORK !

Good evening everyone.
Was able to start the hull plating today.

Guess what, I now have a bow.
Hull1_zpsbbf4087b.jpg

The pieces of the plating have to be cut & assembled, then shaped to fit the superstructure.
Hull2_zps957504a2.jpg

After the glue has cured, then the next piece can be cut, shaped, then applied.
Hull3_zps688e107c.jpg

Hull4_zps997a8465.jpg

That is all for tonight. Hope to be able to get more done tomorrow.

Jim

I like the look of the panel there; what type of printer are you using? You are getting really nice results it looks like.

Hi Les.
I have a HP DT7260 6 ink photo printer. I think HP printers are the best, both mechanically and for print quality.

Jim

Latest posts

Back