Zoukei-mura SWS 1/32nd P-51D Mustang..

Chris S

Its a bit like being handcuffed to a lunatic !
Hi folks :)

I had promised a few people that I'd have a quick look at what is in this kit ,and just how good /bad it may be .

stang.jpg

Well ,I have to honestly say that Impressive would be an understatement !! The box comes absolutely stuffed full of parts ,the detail on which is very very nice . You can build this kit up in a number of ways ,It can be fully built 'ready for flight' ,or you can leave a few panels off to show of the guns ,engine ...etc Or you could do a full Cuttaway ,leaving lots of panels of both the wings & fuselage such is the level of interior detail .
Thats right ,there isnt just an engine & cockpit with this kit ,but there is also a nearly complete interior skeleton including wing ribs ,spars ,fuselage bulkheads & formers and much more . You may notice that there isnt any fuselage halves present on the sprues ,thats because the fuselage is assembled in a number of sections which come together later in the build .Apparently the kit is built into sub ssemblies very similar to the real thing !.

I've waffled enough ,here's a few pics .I havent included all the sprues as there is lots ,so these are to give you an idea of the detail included ...

DSCF1216.jpg
DSCF1218.jpg
DSCF1219.jpg
DSCF1220.jpg

DSCF1222.jpg
DSCF1223.jpg
DSCF1224.jpg
DSCF1225.jpg

DSCF1226.jpg

Check this out ...Pistons inside the cylinders !!!!
DSCF1227.jpg

DSCF1228.jpg
DSCF1230.jpg

DSCF1231.jpg
DSCF1232.jpg
DSCF1233.jpg

The instructions ...These come as a 48 page A4 book and are quite simply Fantastic ,they also include paint guides for Three aircraft and a seperate guide for all the stencil placements !!

DSCF1212.jpg

DSCF1213.jpg
DSCF1214.jpg

The Decals ,are supplied on two A4 sheets and look to be of great quality ,these include 3 aircraft and all the stencils for both inside & out .

DSCF1215.jpg

Also included in the box is this excellent 117 page book ! ,Inside the book you will find a wall chart of colour profiles for different P51's ....a nice touch .
The book covers everything you need to know about building the kit and how the idea developed ,there is also a great article on covering the P51 with Bare metal foil should you wish to go that route . Lots of ref pics from real aircraft are included along with some History ,and at the back are some nice 1/48 scale three view plans . The book can be got seperatly I believe ,and is well worth having if you're a Mustang fan .

DSCF1208.jpg

DSCF1209.jpg

DSCF1211.jpg

DSCF1210.jpg

So ...There it is, Some people are asking ..'is it better than the Tamiya kit ' well to be honest ...I dont know ,I dont have the Tammy kit to compare ,so I wont comment . However I will say without doubt it is the most comprehensive & complete aircraft kit I have ever seen !!
I'd love to get started on it ,but its going to have to wait a while :(

Anyhoo ,Thanks for looking .

Chris.

Many thanks to www.scaleaircraftmodelling.com & www.albionalloys.co.uk

LOOK at all that DETAIL! :eek:

You will need at least a pint of liquid cement to put that Bad boy together!

The display options are unbelievable, how does one chose?

I have to ask.. What does that kit retail for?

Greg

I believe in the U.S it reatails around $99.00 'ish .But considering what is in the box ...well worth it :)
Chris.

Latest posts

Back