STYNYLREZ Primers.

Marktastrophe

This is not my review, but this quick test has me considering trying the Badger brand after I run out of my Vallejo Jar

They look very comparable on plastic, but gosh dang that durability on the Badger brand.

Anyone here use STYNYLREZ Primers before? (I can't seem to find any brick and mortar anywhere near me)

Also very good to know that instagram links auto embed in posts here.
That could save some webserver free space!

I've used them a lot .
Good stuff .
For an acrylic .
Not the " bite " you get using a solvent based primer , but I can recommend them .

I just have to find a place to order them where shipping doesn't essentially double their price :/

I may wait til I can hit a LHS, planning a drive into town this weekend or shortly after anyways.

Hello Mr. Mork,

I got the ones I mentioned from Ebay a few weeks ago for $34.95 plus $12.75 shipping. First time I've ever bought any of this brand or had paint shipped, so I don't know if the price OR the shipping are bad? How much is this stuff usually?

Ok Mr. Mork, looks like I paid 15 bucks a bottle for this:

primer.jpg

?

$35 + 12.75 and I got 3, 4 oz bottles.

Hmmm. Looks like I was tookded!

I'll certainly look around more for the next ones and Thank You! That is information I can use for sure.

Rob.

It does run steep on eBay, and at my LHS. Spray gunner has them for about $9 a bottle before shipping. Probably worth it if I get 3-4.
No flat black though, only gloss.

These are primer and I didn't know that came in gloss? Anyhow, what you boys got for tips when I squirt this for the first time?

Like I said , it sprays without effort .
Lays down beautifully .
The only caveat I see is that these polyurethanes appear to have a very definitive shelf life -- so I wouldn't stock up .
I had a full , unopened bottle of Mission Model polyurethane additive cure into a solid cylinder of resin .
it was on the shelf for over a year but , yeah , something to consider .
I'd recommend storing any polyurethane coatings in the fridge -- nice and dark and cold . -- same recommendation for CA adhesives .

The only caveat I see is that these polyurethanes appear to have a very definitive shelf life -- so I wouldn't stock up .
I had a full , unopened bottle of Mission Model polyurethane additive cure into a solid cylinder of resin .
I would not be surprised if the infrequency of buyers made this exactly why the complaints came in and my LHS stopped switched to ordering them instead of stocking them.

Very good info to have.

Their curing is accelerated with exposure to light .
Frequency of that light ? I can't say , but let's assume it's in the range of what we find to be normal in our lives .
I don't know about temperature - I think it's more sensitive to exposure to " light " .

LOL , after posting my last reply to Eagle-1 , I scooped up the 3 bottles of it I have on the shelf - which I had moved to the back behind everything else -- and moved them to one of the refrigerators . Never too late to take one's own advice ;)

Latest posts

Back