Z 28 Junk Yard Dog

Jqaprilia4601

Hey guy's

my first upload for you blokes to rip apart ;D

All coments and critics welcome....but please take into account this as my first go at rusting anything.. ;D ;D\

SAM_0555_zps5615ad87.jpg
SAM_0556_zps5839a4ca.jpg
SAM_0557_zps9a3db7f7.jpg
SAM_0560_zpsd3e7db31.jpg
SAM_0561_zps3cf2bbcc.jpg

This was an old kit that I had done a few years back, but got damaged in a move, so decided to rip it apart and try something new.
It's still a work in progress...will update with some new photos as soon as I can.

Nothing to rip apart here man. The weathering looks great.

My only suggestion would be to dirt up the tires...they look kinda shiney and new.

It's a sweet paint job. The blue and rust really pop against each other. Nice work man.

sanding the tires lightly helps them look worn as well. it looks great. it will make the dirt look even more convincing.

Heres one i did with sanded tires. theyre kinda hard to see but you can get the idea. i just sanded them with some 400 grit. they look nice and worn. can do the treads as well

ch_ext4_zpsb8524477.jpg

i think you did a fine job.

I agree with the others about the tires and I'm assuming you're going to tone down the carbs so they are not so shiny. The rest is looking pretty good/grungy for a first time weathering job.

Great job with the weathering! Especially the body is looking very good to me. I bet I couldn't done it any better. It looks like a true JunkYard Car, and I like to see them as models.

Only thing I have to point out... The alternator and valve covers are aluminium so they won't rust. But that's a minor thing, you are doing a great job with this one. Keep it going.

Scot, coming from you, that is a great complement thank you, I was intending on doing the tires, I still want to grind the one so as to look like a flat tire.

foenetic, thank you for the kind words and advice, was wondering how to do them!!! ;D Went to my local and got some 400 grit, will be giving them a bash some time this week. PS: Great looking model you got ther.

dazed1, The carb's have since been wetherd as well, in cluding the air filter housing. i had left the two parts for last as I had no idea how my wethering powders were going to react with the chrome. I think thy came out ok.

Thanks for the kind words biggj, and good luck with the rusting, post some pics so we can swap notes!! hahaha ;D

Stock Eliminator.....S*&T!!! I did not know thy were Ally....I have never seen one of these in real life as thy were never brought to South Africa, I'm sorta in a twist now.... should I try and remove the wethering from these parts, or leave as is.....??? what do you blokes think?? The whethering is a mix of HUMBROL wethering powders and acryllic matt coat together with some oil wash....any ideas on removal??

thanks for watching 8)

being Aluminum they wont rust, sure, but that doesnt mean it cant get a dull finish, or dirt or some other defect. ive had plenty of cars where aluminum parts would develop some kinda coating defect over time, so do what you think looks best.

I wouldn't stress too much about those aluminum parts. I think it's not a big mistake if you leave them like that.

I've never tried replicating old aluminum parts, though, and I've heard that it's not easy either. As I said, it's not a big thing if you just leave them like that. ;)

Latest posts

Back