Who did Santa Find, and what did he bring you, doesn't have to be model related!

Elm City Hobbies

As the title says, Did Santa Find you? And if he did, what did he bring you? Doesn't have to be model related (but doesn't hurt).

For me....nothing model related unless you count the ones I got myself. Hard for a wife to buy anything model related for someone that owns a hobby shop.

So, for me, few gift cards from the beer/liquor store...definitely won't go to waste, as well as a couple of new beer glass (with the beer to go with them). Star Trek Into Darkness DVD, plus a few other little odds and ends.

However, the best one was from my wife, something I have always wanted to do is learn to play guitar (real guitar, not Guitar Hero), so my awesome wife got me a Yamaha acoustic guitar and lessons to learn it (or at least get me started). Very awesome gift!!

He brought me a super awesome solid wood topped, steel framed drafting table/workbench, very nice quality with tons of drawers that are all customizable. that is orders of magnitude better than what I was working on all these years.

Needless to say, I'm stoked and ready to tackle some projects!

Santa was good to me this year, and modeling related, A 1/35 Trumpeter Leopold is in bound, with a fret of photoetch goodies already arrived for it. And the Griffon big set (kit weighs about a pound) for the 1/35 Vosper by Italeri in my stash, found it's way here as well this year (for me that was a major score to get that!). And a 1/48 Monogram B-25 as well. First year since I was a kid, closing on 35 or so years, since I have received anything model related for a Christmas gift, so it really brought back some cool memories from days gone by.

Also going the other way, picked up a 1/32 snap kit of a firetruck my six year old, to test the waters and see if it sparks any interest at all.

Man I can't wait to get re set up, and get into building!

As far as guitar stuff. all the year I have been playing, and all the gear I have gone through in those 30+ years (a ton of it) I have still yet to get a single thing guitar related as a gift. (some might say I am to damn picky - some might just say I am to much of a gear wh**e when it comes to that too :) ) no one can keep up with what I am playing with at any given time :) but all those years and not even a pick!

Sant was pretty good this year. A new airbrush, Iwata CN. A wood Skif kit and a couple of models.
a /1200th Enterprise, neat little kit. A 1/48th scale Cesna 150..
Hope everyone did well this year..

My wife and I are well over the Xmas thing so we get something for us, which this year is tickets accommodation etc to go see Jimmy Carr (if you don't know who he is google jimmy Carr hecklers)
And for myself as a birthday (late November) and Xmas present I brought myself tamiya's 1/6 HD fatboy and bandais new MG Sazabi ver ka.
From the family I got the usual smellies, scratch and win (which I didn't) tickets, tshirts, calendars and a $40 voucher for one of the local hobby shops which combined with the 15% discount I get there makes a nice amount.

For me I did pretty good this year the wife got lots of cool stuff , she decided instead of one or two models she went and got a bunch of used ones of things I wanted like a T-33 etc all told like 5 plus more from other Secret Santa's I also got candy always good :) an Avatar dagger and display some t-shirts and a book on the samurai.

Denise and I have a no gift rule...but I don't really stick to it.

As for me, no gifts really. I consider myself pretty spoiled, I buy what I want mostly when I want. Got a few kits in the mail...should be fun when they arrive.

I actually didn't get anything model related other than the DS9 from my SS here.
I did get a couple of very cool wolf sweatshirts, a Dr Who t-shirt (4), Man of Steel, The Wolverine, Iron Man 3, Pacific Rim, The Hobbit, Battlestar Galactica:Blood and Chrome, the 2014 Iron Man 3 calendar, and the 2014 Star Trek Ships of the Line calendar

Santa got me a badger patriot 105, with a new hose, but i need to get a quick detach. i also recived some dental pick for scribbing and minor gluing. From my secret Santa i got a 1/48 super marine sea fire from airfix. and i also got my self as a Christmas-birthday gift(b-day was on the 13th) i got a 1/48 monogram mosquito, 1/48 Lindbergh gladiator mk2, and 1/48 monogram P-40B and P-40E

I got a Trumpeter Armored Train, A Voucher and a book of Cork called Timeless Cork so its all old pics which i love seeing old photos of where im from :)

I got a Nexus 7 pad. Hobby related, i got "house keeping" supplies for the bench. Ya know, air brush cleaning tools, needle juice, a really nice 3 tube lamp. Nobody wanted to give my gift cards from my favorite online hobby shops so I got cash. With that I bought '89 Batmobile kit off of ebay. More importantly, the wife is letting me keep 52 hours of vacation time I cashed out at work. That's what I will use to buy my kits with. I did well. No complaints. :)

My dad got me a new turntable to play my records on, I'm a huge vinyl geek and have been way over due for a new turntable. Couldn't be happier!

I got a PS4, and a trip to space city con,

It is a Babylon 5 convention with some Buck Rogers thrown in.

Other than the two models I got from my Secret Santa here, I also grabbed the Italeri 1/24 Jeep so I could steal the accessories from it for my VW camper build- and also with some eBay sales, I bought a Black Dog resin set for my Stug G and the new Italeri rebox of the A-M A-36 Apache kit...

Got some new PS3 games also...

I got a really nice cordless 9 piece Dewalt tool set. Guess I need to get those honeydo projects done now.

Latest posts

Back