Which aspects of the hobby do you want to learn more about?

Which aspects of the hobby do you want to learn more about?

• The Basics

Votes: 26 19.3%
  • Scratchbuilding

Votes: 66 48.9%
  • Airbrush / Painting

Votes: 68 50.4%
  • Weathering

Votes: 73 54.1%
  • Figure Painting

Votes: 56 41.5%
  • Groundwork

Votes: 42 31.1%
  • Lighting / Electronics

Votes: 40 29.6%

• Total voters

Junkie

A conversation about which aspects of the hobby do you want to learn more about? In the poll you can select up to six options since many people want to learn more about several things.

Thanks for taking part in the conversation.

As for me I chose Scratchbuilding, Airbrush / Painting, Weathering, Figure Painting and Groundwork. I have a good handle on the first three but always want to learn new techniques.

Figure painting and groundwork are skills that I have a very basic handle on - especially figure painting.

For me its Scratch building and ground work.

I have the basics of the ground work but it needs improving, and i Suck at scratch building

spud said:
For me its Scratch building and ground work.

I have the basics of the ground work but it needs improving, and i Suck at scratch building

Ditto

Also I'd love to do more on lighting and electronics.

Pretty much the same for me, also I think I'm well practised at some weathering but it's an on going learning process!

It's the painting for me, I nearly always mess it up when I get to this stage

Painting, air-brushing & weathering

I really should practice on some cheap kits instead of waiting & testing on kits I've been working for years on

J

everything but the basics I guess... even then I'm sure I will learn some basics along the way

Jaitea said:
I really should practice on some cheap kits instead of waiting & testing on kits I've been working for years on

Yup. I've done that quite a few times. Build a kit quick oob and practice. It's total fun and you will break thru to a new level for sure.

Scratch, figs & ground work. I like the last two but still hate and am terrible at scratch building!

I'm pretty crazy when I get into my scratch-building mode, but I would really like to learn more about figure-painting and groundwork. Guess I just need to jump in and do it.

For me it's totally airbrushing, airbrushing, and airbrushing with a little weathering thrown in if I get that far! I think I'm doing okay on the basics, but I have quite a time getting the painting right. I know I just need to practice, but I still get frustrated. :-\

Fig painting and Groundwork for me. The 2 things that are highest on my to do list at the moment.... Completing a bust I have started and making a nice dio.

I luv the topic this time..Very nice...For myself weathering is a topic I want to get better at as well as electical/lighting!! And going back over the basics never hurts..As far as painting, flesh tones are my biggest weakness and blending colors..and would like to learn more about it as well as color theory..Electrical/lighting is always a crowd pleaser on a model, another weakness...Groundwork is another subject I really want to improve along with all other skills used in this hobby...
Well, thanx for the topic, this was a really good one....

For me, it's scratchbuilding, airbrushing, figure painting and groundwork. Of those three, I think I'd benefit most in my airbrushing skills, if there were a class I could take, or if I could apprentice myself to an experienced airbrusher. The others, I can improve by trial and error, but I think I'd improve my airbrushing by working with someone more experienced to provide guidance.

Ground work seems to be my weak link. Looking at how some of these guys get it so realistic is impressive and something I'm shooting for. Your weak points become your strong points if you work it, so that's my intention.

I really dig well done ground work, makes the whole scene come alive, no pun intended, lol.

Cheers, Ski.

Latest posts

Back