What to do with finished models when moving

adampolo13

Hey guys,

Long story short, I'm moving accross the country in 2 weeks. CA to RI. I've got a few completed builds but I'm not sure how to pack 'em etc. Anybody have any stories, luck etc? Last time I moved my finished builds got distroyed. I don't mind too much though, they weren't very good. Hahaha.

Thanks all,

Adam

I just got done with a move, nothing like what you are doing, just across town. I boxed each model in its own separate box and then packed them well with packing peanuts. Only one got broke and I knew it would when it got boxed up. It had a few tiny needle like projections on it and one of them broke off and got lost in the box. I haven't found the part yet, but I will. It is still in that box. I should have covered each spine with a cut up drinking straw to prevent breakage.

I too had to box up all my models and take them to my Mums which is also just up the road. I used clear plastic storage boxes with loads of bubble wrap and peanuts like G. None got broke....well I had to glue some parts back on my P51 but that was me being clumsy.

Well, apparently my wife is a great haggler, she booked a moving company at 1/4 of the price we were originally quoted. The bad news is I wont get to start my F4u-1A for a while. The moving company is showing up on October 5th!!! I've got to hurry up and finish the B-25 and start packing my stash. Too bad I can't keep it in the car with us on the drive.

pack built model with loose styrofoam, used for Baen bags? smaller than peanuts! But it gets everywhere! Then double box precious one! after move, Vacuum styrofoam , slowly till you can extrac model

Safe trip To RI. Where ever that is?

Latest posts

Back