What other crafting skills or hobbies do you have?

I do freelance graphic design work for local bands and businesses. I love to draw, paint, and sculpt, I'm a huge art nerd. My real passion in life is music I've been playing guitar and drums for 20 years. I would also consider myself a huge foodie I love to cook.

I play bass in a reggae band called Katchafire, music is my fulltime career and has been for the past 10 years.

I like to dabble a bit with CS4 customizing folders, sigs or what ever i can noodle with during my alone time...

q3.png

... Yep... i put dreadlocks on the Quake III dude...
quake_angle_folder.png
green_trans_doc.png

falcon1.png

slaine4.png

Enjoy cooking... enjoy eating after cooking... enjoy eating while cooking ;D

Also love custom building computers...

DSC06775.jpg

Other hobbies include Painting, Drawing... sleeping

Yet to try my hand at model kit construction, spent the past two years collecting what I could when i could between tours and family time... my overall best skill would be my 'daddy' skills :)

That computer looks lethal!

MrNatural, what about sculpting some 1/48 and 1/72 star wars figures?? There is a real need in the world for some!

*grabby hands at the computer*...that is just a sick setup

Lets see, my other hobbies..computer gaming, making chain mail, reading, cooking

I have been painting portraits for the past few years. I paint them digitally for the most part now a days, mostly for commissions. Here is some examples of my work.
index.php

index.php

index.php

[attachment deleted by admin]

wow! Pretty hard core stuff!

You guys are full of talents! And it's nice to see what else some of you can do beside models...

For me! I am still in denials that I was able to make him! I guess, sculpting is something I discovered

DSC08648.jpg

I can't count all of the hobbies I have, since I am medically retired and have a lot of time on my hands, besides large scale live steam railroading (Fn3 and 7/8ths scale), I am a box maker and woodworker. I am restoring a 1966 VW Bug and Bus. I am learning to knit, I have sewn maternity clothes for the wife (during my teddy bear sewing stage). I also bar-be-que with oak or almond in the back yard. My wife says you can put any hobby in front of me and I will give it a try. Oh, and I am trying to learn resin casting to make my own parts for the train stuff. My railroad isn't huge, but thanks to google you can see it from space...

I almost forgot, paper models, lots and lots of paper models.

That is the short list, I am really enjoying watching and learning from all of you.

Glen

My hobbies are also quite varied.

I write software for myself, read, cook, bake and some woodworking. I've recently discovered wood turning, and have been just experimenting/learning different techniques by creating small wooden "light saber" handles for my kids.

I also do home renovations, but I consider that more of a necessity than a hobby since I own an 89 year old house. :D

Musically, I can't play a radio.
Some say I cannot build a model very well either. . . .LOL (I think!)
But with some Help I can make some pretty good hockey players. . .
PONDHOCKEY060.jpg

Mine are the second, fourth and fifth from the left.
Hockeytown North Pond Hockey Tournament.

Apart from scale modeling and casting and painting toy soldiers, I'm a home brewer, though it's been a while. I like to cook, too, because there are things I want to eat that no one else is interested in making (nothing exotic; basically German dishes and good, ol' peasant foods). I ride bike for sport, since I'm too old and slow to play softball anymore. And I belong to a small community theater, where most of my time is spent working with stage lighting. I design light plots, install the lights, and run them. I've also appeared on stage, though I can take it or leave it, and I served on the board for 10 years, including a term as president. Let's see, what else? I'm a baseball fan--go, Phils!--read a lot, like animation, from classic Warner Bros. to anime to "The Venture Brothers", "Robot Chicken", "Samurai Jack", "Megas XLR".

I like to hike, too, but it's been a long time since I was able to get out anywhere around here to do that (though the Applachian Trail runs not too far from me, to the north).

I also play guitar - my guilty pleasures are Yngwie Malmsteen and Death Metal (Death / Deicide etc - the old school stuff). ;D
Heres a vid of me playing some Jason Becker:

Altitudes excerpt

Actually, I'd quite like to do a death metal esque version of the SMA theme LOL!

\m/_ _\m/

Great guitar chops man! Nice and clean.

Great flying there! That's what they call you ACE!

@scott
thanks, it takes years of practice, and there are people better, trust me, i tried maltly player DX 3/4 of the cheat, the rest are so good its nuts. i play better now than i did then so maybe i would be more compatable with the hard core players! but the cheaters are the reason i will never play malty player.

@JediPuju
how long have you been playing for?

i forgot to mentioned, the reason its hard to play malty player in that game, is beacuse of the graphic settings. you can turn up the graphics really high to where there are hills and mountains and trees, and buildings! i have had a dogfight in Paris around the Ifle tower, and around the Nostradamus tower, and in the swiss alps, its fun to tare through the mountains and confuse the enemy, and i love to dodge through the trees! however... you can turn the graphics down so there is no buildings, no hills or trees, no mountains, so form there perspective its all level ground, and they will fly as low as possible, and make themselves appear to fly through everything, making it impossible to get a shot!

Latest posts

Back