Well hello there!

Igard

Hey everyone!

My name's Iain and I'm from Scotland.

I'm a sci fi fan and I'm going through a bit of a Trekkie phase. Though I like all sci fi TV and movie franchises, I don't enjoy reading it. I much prefer fantasy novels.

Now that you know me so intimately, I'll get down to the reason I'm here.

A little over a month ago, I was looking for some video footage of Romulan Warbirds for a games mod project I'm working on when I came across a video from The Painting Clinic who was building a TOS era Romulan Bird of Prey. I really enjoyed the videos and I said to myself, 'I'd like to get into that'.

Just by coincidence, a few days later, I was in the attic and found a couple of old Star Trek models I'd built when I was just a wee lad. The Enterprise D and the Defiant. The Enterprise is in an atrocious state and can't be salvaged, but the Defiant was relatively untouched by the passage of time and, as such, is ripe for a refurbishment/restoration/renovation/clean up/ whatever the technical term is.

So I'll begin posting soon in the Whatcha buildin? Sci fi and Space forums.

In the mean time, you can take a look at my website with the story so far. Yes, my website has a rather excessive Romulan theme. ;D :- http://www.theromulancargobay.webspace.virginmedia.com/shipyards.html

Thanks for all the welcomes.

Looking forward to really getting into this hobby. I think I'm in the right place for learning the tricks.

Welcome! I'm Canadian but my GIRVAN roots are Scottish - as is my first name.

Great to have you here.

Latest posts

Back