WAVE Ketzer - Ma.K

Lincoln Wright

Ok, ok. Old guy with another crappy model is a more accurate title!

Ketzer_WIP_1.jpg

I still make models... really!

With a little time between projects, I can get back to some personal modelling – something I’d like to bring to Korea Hobby Fair next weekend. I realised I don't have much "new" to bring that I can bring, everything else is at Hobby Japan or WAVE.

Finally had a chance to get my hands on and experiment with some excellent weathering products from AK Interactive. They offer a comprehensive selection backed up by years of experience and know-how.

Please check the photos at the bottom of this post for the names of all the products tried, mainly Washes, Streaking Grime and Earth, Mud and Dust. Once I become more familiar with them, I’ll do a more thorough write up and WIP of each. For now I am just trying them out but also with a mind to match my Ketzer to the Gans I did a few years ago.

Conflicting objectives make it more interesting and fun!!

Hope you like it so far,

Linc

Ketzer_WIP_2.jpg

Ketzer_WIP_3.jpg

photo-1-2.jpg

photo-2-2.jpg

photo-3-1.jpg

Absolutely love it Linc, looks like you've got a handle on the new stuff eh? 8)

Thanks for sharing this here with us my friend. Excellent work as always.

Brilliant. Absolutely brilliant. You're skills are very impressive indeed, Lincoln. I'm quite inspired when I see work like this.

I've just recently bought a few bottles of the AK streaking grime, but haven't had a chance to try them out yet.

Thanks very much for sharing these with us. These are some awesome pics. :) 8)

Hi Ken, thank you very much and you are more than welcome. This forum has changed a great deal since I last posted - a huge improvement, you've got all kinds of cool stuff going on not least to mention the HLJ sponsored builds I was just looking though. Love your Ketzer review, build and paint, thank you so much for showing off the kit so well!!

Igard - sure thing, no worries. Ma.K + Streaking grime, they seem made for each other. I'm just following the numbers.

SLW45 - thanks and damn straight, what's not to love about Ma.K!!

I love the colors you used on this build. Very nice work and I look forward to seeing your review of the AK products.

Thanks Grendels, Mike! Glad you Like the scheme, it's a riff off ye ol axis late war I think? I first did it a few years ago on a Gans that I plan to pair this with.

Had a good block of time over the weekend so finished most of the pilot and some oil weathering on the suit.

A small photo to make sure the colors look ok altogether and to help choose a helmet color… I’m thinking RLM Grey… Looking at the photo, the joints that I’ve already dusted after I took the photo look so clean!!

iPhone4 photo, seems to capture color pretty well!

20120416-100842.jpg

Ha! That is a masterpiece, I love it. I really like the look of this one a lot, that paint scheme does remind me of a German splinter pattern type camo but then again I mostly build Allied stuff lol.

Thanks for the kind words, as long as you keep creating art like this I'll keep trying to catch up. ;)

Ken Abrams said:
Ha! That is a masterpiece, I love it. I really like the look of this one a lot, that paint scheme does remind me of a German splinter pattern type camo but then again I mostly build Allied stuff lol.

Thanks for the kind words, as long as you keep creating art like this I'll keep trying to catch up. ;)

Very nice. The detail work on the pilot is good.

thanks a bunch guys! Last night I started on the ground work, not much to show yet besides cutting out a circle of cork and stippling on some gesso... need to hurry up and have this finished by Thursday night!!

this looks awesome mate! Great job, and youre right iphone 4 camera's arnt all that bad!

Killer work, Lincoln! That is an amazing paint job full of detail...looks so realistic. I also really dig the color scheme. You should build a diorama for him!

cheers guys, appreciate it. Heya Scott!

Should grab some photos tonight, got the basics of the groundwork together...

WOW! I love it, it's a dazzle camo pattern! Great weathering, I love the beat-up and streaky look, very well done!

Latest posts

Back