Wall-e

Leighbo

Hi Guys

Whilst I'm waiting for my group build kits to arrive I picked up a quick painting project to keep me busy.

I bought a little palstic toy of Wall-e, which was fairly plain and boring for £3 second hand
20120823_122244.jpg

I then painted in the details to give it a bit more realism. After this was done I rusted and weathered it with acrylics and washes. This was followed by some dry brushing and glossing of the eyes to make them stand out.
20120826_164710.jpg

20120826_164704.jpg

20120826_164726.jpg

20120826_164528.jpg

20120826_164609.jpg

The base is a small MDF base with a foam block cut to fit and then some debris stuck on, painted and weathered.

Its been a little bit of light relief to keep me busy and have some fun with!
Thanks for looking

Great work! It's nice to see something so basic brought up to display standard.

Thanks guys, it wad a fun break from the norm thats for sure.
Also it takes up almost no shelf space!
:)

Cool project !

Cool result !

I've done the very same thing 5 days ago with the toy who grab a "hat".
Notice that the chin is yellow and Wall-E is beat up more than one can think. His chest has seen some better days for sure...

rubon8.jpg

Aww, look at those sad eyes!!

Fantastic painting & weathering, I'd never think of turning a finished toy into a work of art, great job!

J

Grendels said:
Nice work to the both of you.

(thanks but the picture was a "real" picture of Wall-E, not my weathered toy... :) Pictures sooner or later, here...) :D

They all look great - awesome work :)

I think I will whip out the movie and watch it again.

Ohh! I love all these Wall-e(s) ^_^ I really like how the paint work was done to enhance the soulfulness of Wall-e. terrific display bases as well.

Latest posts

Back