VW Golf Mk. II - back again!

tigrazor

audentes fortuna iuvat.
I owned a Golf Mk. II myself when I was 18 - my very first car and what a reliable one.

golf2meine_zpsbb1e22f3.jpg

So heres the progress so far:

golf2cockpit01_zps55f0261d.jpg

golf2cockpit03_zpsd0dec728.jpg

golf2motor02_zps52128737.jpg

golf2cockpit04_zps2460f308.jpg

golf2karo03_zpsc22b2aaa.jpg

golf2cockpit06_zpsf1aa4193.jpg

golf2cockpit08_zps5e4ebaab.jpg

golf2cockpit09_zpse5a2b87f.jpg

Some small tuning parts like chrome rings, spare radio, I-Pod etc. come from ScaleProduction, as well as the headlights.

lookin good so far. i like it. i was an import tuner (actual tuner, like engine management, turbos, not so much intakes and stickers :) ) myself but never got to own a VW. i did work on an R32 which was fun. but i wish i got to own one of these. theyre cool cars. cant wait to see more

Lol. After that, there were 2 "Tigra", then I owned a Mk.III Sedan for four years. Its called "Vento" here in Germany, and "Jetta" in the US/overseas. Again: a very reliable car, only it had a rust problem. Had to sell him 5 days ago. :(

Reminds me of that:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7Iv42AOZIk

Somehow I knew that this was coming: The bumpers dont fit at all and you have to use loads of putty. On the other hand, thats a good time to try my new MrHobby Putty - works good so far. There are loads of flashes and dents in the plastic.

golf2karo06_zps797c9065.jpg

golf2karo05_zps51663298.jpg

;D ;D Ha, I still own one of these!!! '88 1800 16v! Just recently snaped all the cv joint bolts off, and with that, busted a big fat hole in the gear box!!! :-[ :-[

Nice work here, love the details like the ipod lead. Back in the day though it would more likely be a Sony CD Walkman connected to the stereo cassette deck!

Those were happy days!

Got a "new" car since 2 days now (happy happy joy joy!), its built in 2000 aaaand it features no CD radio or whatsoever. You can listen to MC if you want - the same feature the Golf Mk. II had. Aint that funny?!

8)

tigrazor said:
Sorry, hat is a "CV"?! :p

CV is constant velocity joint. basically on the end of your trans input shafts, the black boots, they are in there. they let you transmit the power to the wheels at whatever angle the suspension demands.

Ah. THIS part! Now I know what you mean. Nothing to do with a French car so to say. ;)

After several tries to fit the rear bumper (including sanding, trimming, plastic sheet, more sanding, glueing, and of course sanding and trimming), I still reached no result to my hapiness. Initially, I didnt want to go that way, but in this case, theres almost no other chance.

Get ready for some putty, the rear bumper will get a new design! I used Revell Plasto putty for the substance and MrHobby putty for the smooth finish.

Stage I (Plasto only)

golf2karo09_zpsce8daa6b.jpg

golf2karo08_zps2cbc49ed.jpg

Stage II (MrHobby putty added)

golf2karo07_zps929d086a.jpg

Sorry for the late update - the Golf is not forgotten. ;) I found something on the local scrapyard: an original Golf II wheelcap inlay. Gives a good base!

golf2base_zps4f2e0685.jpg

I'm currently building one of these! love the car in real life, but the kit is really quite bad :(

-Jackson

I am on my 22nd Dub since 1986 I would say 18 of them
were Mk1's. I bought my first Mk1 GTi in 1988 it was 4 years
old, it was the Rabbit GTi here in the states. We got the cruddy
square lights and ugly metal bumpers! LOL So we were always
converting to the Euro bumpers and round lights. It's hard to even
see a Mk2 VW here now a days much less a Mk1!!

Latest posts

Back