VW Golf Mk. II - back again!

Sorry for the late pics. That has several reasons: After an almost-catastrophe with the Golf (putty cracked at the rear, massive damage!), some other projects and an upcoming move from my hometown to my girlfriends castle I put this project a bit behind.

Anyways, the almost-catastrophe had been prevented and the Golf didnt went into the bin. No, not THAT project.

Hell get a pretty flashy green metallic from DupliColor and I tested the color on the hood (clear coat still missing). What do you say?

JQ: Come to Germany, we have tons of revell kits here. ;)

Jackson: Righto, see pictures. Especially the bumpers are as bad as it can get. Waaayyyy too short. On the other hand, the details look pretty sharp, for example the dashboard is pretty much state of the art! ;):p

Jamaican: Phew... So many?! :D

foenetik:
Thanks. :)

vince: Revell Germany.

golf2karo14_zpsed968134.jpg

golf2karo13_zps5e9a1bea.jpg

golf2karo15_zpseb868f7d.jpg

Front bumpers needed loads of putty as well. NARF! I added a scratched lip here and a (Mustang) cooler made from the cooler itself of course (had to sand and cut it too). The tubes are plastic profile, the connections are thickened with wood glue.

golf2karo17_zpsb6298bdf.jpg

Lets do it the "Milky Way". Although Ive shaken the rattle can, the clear coat got milky. But all went well and the result is a pretty good one. ;)

golf2karo18_zps52af4c11.jpg

complete view::

golf2karo16_zps20f017e4.jpg

golf2karo19_zps0508266c.jpg

PHEW!

Finally the chassis got some paint, too. Unfortunately you can see some dents and scratches and the surface is far away from being perfect imho. Anyways, the sanding/putty/sanding/putty part due to the bumpers etc. took far too long. Hope you like it anyways...

golf2karo22_zps9d8f99ac.jpg

golf2karo21_zps4512e440.jpg

golf2karo20_zps5cdc1a66.jpg

Latest posts

Back