Voting ???

btw, the video is amazing, thanks for that, Scott. It's great to see a slide show of all models at one place.

Well said Bizarre! Overwhelming comes to mind!

Now I know how judges feels like at a model show......

Not going to be easy!

schweinhund227 said:

Not going to be easy!

Construction. Finish. Accuracy. Subject/story. Then, against other entries. No matter what the kit. As in, you can't be biased against a Ford model if you are Chevy fan. You can't pick the P-51 just because it's a P-51. Etc. Put forth some scrutiny on the models themselves. The workmanship will bring out the top builds, then you pick the best of those in comparrison to each other.

This is blue Sikorsky S-76D lifting of for review. Standing by to vote.

com_S76D_ems_ovr_a.jpg

Good luck everyone!

Gundamhead said:
schweinhund227 said:

Not going to be easy!

Construction. Finish. Accuracy. Subject/story. Then, against other entries. No matter what the kit. As in, you can't be biased against a Ford model if you are Chevy fan. You can't pick the P-51 just because It's a P-51. Etc. Put forth some scrutiny on the models themselves. The workmanship will bring out the top builds, then you pick the best of those in comparrison to each other.

I hear you !!! and I had to resort to the same Thinking.... and I've tried to apply that to some entires already !!! and found a few Nits to pick at... and that will help me make my choice or choices... right now I am doing Cars... cuz there are not that many....

The All-Open... Feew that's another ball game !!! Don't envy anyone trying to sort that Pile !!!

I need to take notes... I am awaiting the instructions and criterias from Scott's Team before I go too in depth in my selection.... but I have a few fav... already ! now... some I have seen come to life... others its the first time I see them.... and don't know much how involved they were...??? which complicates things...

I still think SCALE should have been a "Category splitter" as well.. 1/72nd and 1/48th against 1/35th scale models isn't all that Fair !!!

But I understand the limitations... we don't want this to become an IPMS style event... or we will never see the end of it !!!

Humm no ! that's not RLM 05 Yellow... no no no... but ! there is no but ! I am telling you its not the right Hue ! I was there... I know ! LOL

I take notes too. 8) Scale shouldn't be a consideration, only the 5 pics of the finished model. But yeah, sheesh there's a lot to go through. ;D The best compliment to a modeler in a contest is fair judging. I owe my fellow model building yahoos at least that much respect. 8)

schweinhund227 said:
I am awaiting the instructions and criterias from Scott's Team before I go too in depth in my selection....

Same as last year Norm, you pick 1st, 2nd and 3rd in each category.

skill level/scale/parts count/age of entrant/political view/country of origin/etc. notwithstanding ;D

Well Ive look at them all and I must say that the work is amazing you guys are great modelers. I have been there since the beginning of SMA, I dont write much but I can assure you that I do know what happens on here since Scott tells me all the time.

I might pick up modeling in the future but for now, I'll stick to voting.

I just know it's going to be a process of narrowing things down for me.
Two to three times through each category.

Is the voting closed, I saw the entries this morning at work and wanted to vote tonight but I got the message that the voting booth is closed?

Voting hasn't opened yet. Scott is giving members time to look everything over. Voting should begin sometime next week.

I'm picking 5 or so from each category that I think look extra awesome (they're all really good) then ranking them out of 40 using 4 different ranking criteria. Then taking off 2-3 from the lists then looking if I'm happy with the final 3, if not I just pick my favs. Soo much good work, so little places. It took me 4 hrs to do armour and air. :eek:

LOL...wrote all the names down on little pieces of paper and them threw them into the Goblet of Fire...waiting for the top ones to pop out during coffee! ::)

NO!!! 8)

It is hard! Watched the vid a couple times, went through the list at least a dozen times ;D Realized when I would wrote down the ones I like....pretty much everything ended up on the list!! :eek: Slowly narrowing that list down. ;D Such a tremendous effort by all who entered...Good Luck to All!!!! ;)

Just think how many will attend next year and how even more difficult it will be to vote. :-\ ???
Eani, meeni, miny, moe...... Dowh!! That aint going to work.
Ah! O.k. I got it, I got it!!!! accept bribes! ;D
Seriously, at least we have the top 3 in each catigory. Not that it's going to make it any easier. I think we need the top 10 in each catigory. yah, that's it.

Airmedical said:
Just think how many will attend next year and how even more difficult it will be to vote. :-\ ???
Eani, meeni, miny, moe...... Dowh!! That aint going to work.
Ah! O.k. I got it, I got it!!!! accept bribes! ;D
Seriously, at leat we have the top 3 in each catigory. Not that it's going to make it any easier. I think we need the top 10 in each catigory. yah, that's it.

it will turn into a on line auction!

Latest posts

Back