Voting ???

JMac said:
But still, I would love to see the finished entries...

You can see mine in the next issue of Military Modelcraft International, due out August 18th. ;)

[attachment deleted by admin]

First, thank you all for your patience. Here's the details.

Last year after the contest a few of us had a long discussion about building an automated system to upload entries, enable the vote and the tally of the votes. We did it all by 'hand' last year and it was a ton of hours.

We had the best of intentions to have that new system ready for end of May 2011. Life, work etc... delayed it's development and we found ourselves running out of time to have it finished end of June 2011.

Then life and work got even busier and that is pushing everything back. The reason I can't simply upload the photos to a gallery is because it would be redundant work. I'd have to upload everything twice.

The new system will display the entries, automate the vote and the tally of the results. We will have this system, once complete, for all future contests.

I appreciate your patience. I know the RED jokes are starting to get old for you guys. All I ask is one last push of patience and anticipation.

Thanks,
Scott.

i have said it once and i will say it again, patience pays off, take as long as you need, its a blessing enough to participate, so Gentleman, and ladies, what ever it takes, how ever long it takes, just do what you have to do!

Thanks for the info Scott!!

Just for old times sake:

Red garbage can standing by.....

9355607-chihuahua-puppy-inside-of-a-red-plastic-garbage-can-looking-out-at-camera-isolated-on-white.jpg

I do agree patience pays off, Herds we are modelers here right? why not build or finished some un-build kits instead of waiting for the system to go online, anticipation always leads to frustration.

just my 2 cents

Thanx Scott,
and as I have said before...I can wait.
It's like I tell a co-worker when she gets impatient, "It takes what it takes". Some things take longer to do.
Scott, Just do what you have to, to get the results YOU want.
After the waiting, I am sure we will all be terribly excited to see the entries.
;D

Scott Girvan said:
First, thank you all for your patience. Here's the details.

Last year after the contest a few of us had a long discussion about building an automated system to upload entries, enable the vote and the tally of the votes. We did it all by 'hand' last year and it was a ton of hours.

We had the best of intentions to have that new system ready for end of May 2011. Life, work etc... delayed it's development and we found ourselves running out of time to have it finished end of June 2011.

Then life and work got even busier and that is pushing everything back. The reason I can't simply upload the photos to a gallery is because it would be redundant work. I'd have to upload everything twice.

The new system will display the entries, automate the vote and the tally of the results. We will have this system, once complete, for all future contests.

I appreciate your patience. I know the RED jokes are starting to get old for you guys. All I ask is one last push of patience and anticipation.

Thanks,
Scott.

Thanks scotty, I'll go and finish my hawk and Macchi... But I can't paint any thing with a broken airbrush... Im hangin in here, but I'd rather wait a month or two more this year and never wait again, than wait a month every time right boys (and girls)

Thanks for the update Scott! The tremendous effort you and the staff are putting into this will not only pay off now and in the future, it is also much appreciated. As for Time....It is what it is!

No worries Brotha'!

Thank you! 8)

Indeed, as other have said. It takes what it takes.

Employing a new and better system can always lead to unforeseen complications that will affect the short term, so I think it's important to understand that it'll be worth it in the long term.

I think we're spent on the red jokes. Probably best since folks who log in every few days for news have to sift through pages upon pages of OT banter. It was fun though. ;D

Hey Scott,

I'm in no hurry.
Red-ee or not, I'm standing by. Sorry, I couldn't help myself. Caught me red handed.
Ha! I kill me!

Peace!
John ;)

Eastrock said:
I do agree patience pays off, Herds we are modelers here right? why not build or finished some un-build kits instead of waiting for the system to go online, anticipation always leads to frustration.

just my 2 cents
Been doing just that, Eastrock

Latest posts

Back