Voting ???

IBCRAZY8220 said:
well no love for the warhammer stuff in any category this year, but thats cool didnt expect to win anyway, I had a lot of fun competing and I cant wait till next year, I allready have plans to put something in every category next year.

Nope Warhammer did pretty good. I got it I got it got an airbrush. And a Marine got a model. A Warbuggie conversion got 3rd. As far as I remember from the video. That's 3 big prizes dude.

JMac said:
Don't be fooled, this year was wicked but next year will be tougher, hopefully we will all have improved our "A" game.

Speaking for myself. I have some serious training to do for next year. I think training may start with the NAVY/MARINE build. Huh-hu-hu!!!

Survivor - Eye of the Tiger (Rocky and Apollo Training)

You gotta build this kit hard kid!....

Yo, but did you see those builds Mick!?

That was easy kid! You have a new airbrush now.

Yo, yah Mick. Ya. O.k. yo!
Yo Adrian!!! I got a new airbrush!

Way to go kid!

Gundamhead said:
IBCRAZY8220 said:
well no love for the warhammer stuff in any category this year, but thats cool didnt expect to win anyway, I had a lot of fun competing and I cant wait till next year, I allready have plans to put something in every category next year.

Nope Warhammer did pretty good. I got it I got it got an airbrush. And a Marine got a model. A Warbuggie conversion got 3rd. As far as I remember from the video. That's 3 big prizes dude.

Oh I wasnt saying they didnt win anything, me and my buddy vanhammer won a model kit each for 4th and 5th in the figure category, The warbuggy got a 3rd, your entry won an airbrush and the "I Got It" Model is an Ork crushed under a bullet I think. I didnt wanna seem ungratefull I really hope that isnt how it sounds. After seeing the other figure category entries I knew I didnt have a chance, its hard to compete with the small models against that kind of detail. I know next year what im up against and ill be better prepared, im psyched for next year.

Thanks Scott, and the entire SMA staff, for creating this exciting contest! I'd almost forgotten how much fun these competitions can be. Some very serious talent shown, I was proud to "show my stuff" in such company.

Woke up early this morning, turned on the PC, got some coffee, and watched the first video. Really wasn't sure what to expect, there were some super builds in the All Open category.

Then Scott read the top 3, yep, that Falcon was pretty awesome, then.............holy cra..! :eek:

I'm a happy camper this morning! ;D

Thanks to all who voted, and made it all happen. Can't wait until next year! I'm going "full tilt gonzo" next time, too many great builders here to not do so!

One thing though.................what did I win? I think it's an airbrush, Badger no less, been using my trusty 155 for 10 years now, maybe time for a change!

However, simply winning was pretty cool all by itself! :D

Thanks again everyone at SMA and the sponsors

looking at the vote result i have to make a Note to self : SMA guys are not into Blue Angels!!!

HAHA

OK Brains is already planning for next year... This time ill try not to miss the start date!!

If you look at everyones builds. You have so many styles and classes that you could break everything down into.

-Out of the box builds
-Custom builds
-Scratch builds
-Clean, display builds
-Dioramas
-Aircraft with sub cats of airplane, jet, helicopter, military,, civilian
-Cars with sub cats of classics, show cars, military,
On and on. Wow! All for one and one for all.
This was my first online model build competiton and it was fun! I enjoyed voting and seeing builds I voted for win. That tells me we are all on the same page. ;) I would have loved to see the dance moves some of you guys did when you won. LOL! Me, I just hit the floor when my model was pulled.
As I said, I have some trainig to do. Brings a new meaning to workout bench. ;D

Cheers

Mwaaaaaahhh!

It's like Christmas Day, opening your present and finding out you just got an empty box...lots of waiting and hoping until The Big Day but, in the end, Santa brought you nothing... :'(

What a bummer... :(

Oh, well...congratulations to the people who won something and commiserations to those of us who didn't...

Maybe next year...or maybe not. :-\

Hey guys! I didn't start a wip thread for it but I just wanted to thank everyone who voted for my "old truck" and congrats to all the other winners and everyone who entered. A truly awesome group of modellers here.

Best regards
Dave

Ialarmu said:
Hey guys! I didn't start a wip thread for it but I just wanted to thank everyone who voted for my "old truck" and congrats to all the other winners and everyone who entered. A truly awesome group of modellers here.

Best regards
Dave

That was an excellent job you did. Congratulations. 8)

Latest posts

Back