VF-1J valkyrie for a friend (done)

mariosmodelkits

Hey guys heres some pics of a vf-1j kit that a friend of mine asked me to build for his vintage toy store in sacramento ca. 25th anniv. robotech display. I was not sure on building this kit because i never have built a robotech kit, so i decided to go with the box art sceme and look hand painted all the way ;D. so heres my progress and im almost done, oh yea i started this kit on 6/15/10 hope to be done today thanks guys comm. and crits are always appreciated. on to the pics :D.

first test fit after painting the kit. sorry for the delayed wip have to have this done by the 30 th this is why its close to being done.

now onto pnl lines i used some sucura pigma paint pins for the lines and im very happy with results, also some pics of second test fit. I have to keep test fitting this guy becuse it transforms so every time i paint something i have to make sure the transformable parts dont fuse together.

hope you guys dig this build, i will post pics of all three figures this guy turns into when im finished thx.

mario.

Re: VF-1J valkyrie for a friend

Nice! You're a modeling machine. I like this.

Re: VF-1J valkyrie for a friend

Scott and jeep thx guys your awesome ;), well i pulled it off and im done came out really nice and weathered up how i like it hope you like thx again.

First things first plane mode.

Half plane and half robot mode.

robot mode.

Thats it on this guy until next time HERD peace.

Nice job mario!,i'm liking the dirtyness of the veritech.cool. 8)

Brings back memories, I use to build a lot of those back in the day. Great job. Now I must resist buying one!!!

So nostalgic! :) I used to run home from school to watch it. lol

Are those models still around? I wouldn't mind doing Roy Focker Skull Squadron's VF-1S Valkyrie

DreamKnight said:

Are those models still around? I wouldn't mind doing Roy Focker Skull Squadron's VF-1S Valkyrie

Yes they are, take a look on Ebay, you can find anything on Ebay.

Java- Thx bro i was trying to copy thr box art with the used in action veritech look , it was something cool and different hope the homie digs it. :) If not you did right. :D :D :D Thx again dog.

Fruit- Thank you.

Grendels- Right on man, im glad to bring back some memories with this classic. :)

DK- I see them every once in awhile in my friends shop, or ebay. Thx for checkin it out man. ;)

Makni.- Good lookin out bra.

Quaralane- Thx alot for you support Q. ;

Grendels- Yep ebay. :)

Grendels said:
DreamKnight said:

Yes they are, take a look on Ebay, you can find anything on Ebay.
hey guys i have a bunch im going to do have 3 valkyries a two cyclones oh and the robotech kit of sdf1 wish me luck

Really like this build!, you paint really well without a airbrush!!, amazing!!

Loved Macross as a child! 8)

Latest posts

Back