Vallejo paint

Yes by rights, there is no set thinning ratio for Vallejo Model Color, varies from person to person as to what you are comfortable with, also varies from color to color....a darker color like black, will need more thinning than say white will, just because it takes more pigment to create that dark black than it does white. Same would go for a red needing more thinning than say a yellow or tan.

As Ken says...if it is clogging your airbrush....its not thin enough, I usually start out with about 70% thinner and then adjust accordingly, but that is just me. Depends on alot of factors....someone that is spraying at 30lbs is going to be able to push thicker paint than someone spraying at say 10lbs. Also depends on the size of the needle in the airbrush, you are going to have to thin the paint more if you are putting it through a 0.15mm-0.2mm needle and head, than you will if you are pushing it through say a 0.3mm-0.4mm needle and head.

Never had it clog on me, as well I have never added the retarder to it....but may start using it as I have read, and heard from people that have used it, that it makes the paint flow a little better. As far as it drying on the tip....I always keep a Q-tip (cotton bud) soaked with AB cleaner close by while airbrushing, so if it does dry a bit, just give it a swipe.

Thanks for the Tips, guys!! I'll try to AB with model color flesh on my figures.

Latest posts

Back