Revell 1:500 Scale JJ Abrams Enterprise - Aztecing - Paint?

Mikey_W_1980

Morning All!!

If possible, may i tap into the wealth of knowledge from my fellow SMA's....

I'm finishing up my first lit kit of a D7 Battle cruiser (pics to follow on the Sci-Fi thread when complete) and my next project is the 2009 Into Darkness Enterprise.

I have a lighting kit & manual to light it, but I am also considering the mammoth task of aztecing the hull with the masks from starship modeller (when they are back in stock)

My concern is this....I don't use an airbrush nor the right skills or funds to use one to give it that pearl effect....

Is there a rattle can paint that I can use as a substitute to give that pearled effect?

As always, really appreciate any and all advice.

cheers

Mike

There's a pearl from Testors in the same line as the Graphite Dust that I use all the time.
You'd likely need to use really light coats, though

Thanks Quaralane,

I've checked out their website and I cant seem to find the right type of coating...I'm guessing it would be this?

http://www.testors.com/product-catalog/testors-brands/testors/lacquer-paint/lacquer-sprays/

The Diamond Dust Gloss?

Was my thinking, yes.
Test it, though. Make sure it doesn't completely block out your pattern

Superb! Thanks again Quaralane, really appreciate it....I've emailed Jon at Starship Modeller and he's expecting a new batch of masking kit in the next week or so.

Shipping is a bit steep but hey ho, that's the postal service for you and cant be avoided.

I'd definitely test it before applying it to the hull.

Lots of prep work before hand though :p

Latest posts

Back