Valentino Rossi`s Repsol Honda RC211V

`Boots`

Hi fellas, don`t know how much interest there is on bikes on here but this one has been a challenge....

The engine is a little kit in itself and has had 10 different colours applied to it to bring out the various engine shades etc, also the exhausts and cans....

2009_06140006-1.jpg

Next up is the engine in the frame..

2009_06180002.jpg

And then the rear swing arm attached......

2009_06130005.jpg

Hondawheels-1.jpg

Bike4-1.jpg

And yes those are sinlge decals which go around the wheel rims..........6 on each wheel!!!!!!!!

Next up the front end has been built and dry fitted.......

2010_05060002.jpg

2010_05060001.jpg

Ya just gotta love that engine...LOL

2010_05060005.jpg

2010_05060006.jpg

2010_05060004.jpg

More to follow chaps

`Boots`

Ok moving on............

A quick dry fit of the tank and seat cowel and also the front disc calipers added

2010_05110013.jpg

2010_05110010.jpg

Sorry not the best of pics with these.............

Front end attached and the brake lines added and also the radiator.....

2010_05150004.jpg

Some of the pipework for the rad...

2010_05150006.jpg

A few shots of the Repsol Orange applied to the tank ...............the tank cover has had 6 coats of Orange and about 10 coats of `Klear`

2010_05150010.jpg

2010_05150012.jpg

Thanks for looking........

`Boots`

Next up is the handlebars.................9 different paint colours used in these....

2010_05180003.jpg

2010_05180005.jpg

The bars now fitted and some of the ancillery stuff dry fitted plus all the front end plumbing and a few of the 60+ decals......

2010_05180007.jpg

2010_05180008.jpg

2010_05180009.jpg

And this is where i am at the mo.....lots more decals applied and also the Repsol Blue.....

2010_05220001.jpg

2010_05220002.jpg

The next stage will involve the fairings and gear/brake levers..................the attaching of the belly pan and the last remaining decals......

Thanks guys

`Boots`

That is some good stuff right there Boots.. I have several of those Repsol bikes...havn't built one yet because I'm a little intimidated.But your doing some awesome work.Looking forward to your next post!

Thanks a lot Afterburner...............don`t be intimidated by these buddy, it`s just a case of taking ya time really...............build and fit wise is typical Tamiya but you do need to follow the plans closely coz painting is required basically at every stage, everything on this build has been painted individually and that is why it`s a slow process.................you`ll be fine with it fella, as for decals................thats good fun..LOL ;D

`Boots`

Looking really good there.
Bikes like that can be really complicated from the looks of things.

Thanks Quaralane...........they`re just very well detailed to be honest and require a different modelling discipline from building armour and such like, most armour builds can be done in three stages tub, turret and tracks etc.............these need specific attention at every stage of the build!!
I suppose it depends on whether they are one of the newer kits as well, maybe the earlier ones might be less challenging..................this is only the first time i built one...LOL ;D

`Boots`

;D And so it is!!!! What was it....decalmaniac???? Still trying to get over the multitude of shades of metallic that went into this!!! Impressive stuff buddy! 8)

LOL...............fancy seeing you here bro.... ;D!!!

I`ve given up on the decs for the mo matey.................been at it all afternoon and part of this evening :eek:, some are easy, others take a bit of softening and shaping with the sol/set, it`s driving me bonkers now tho..LOL
Yeah there are a few different shades and mixes of paint required `T`, but thats the fun part...............i think ???

`Boots`

;D More decals than kit parts ;D

It's paying off! Can't wait to see this puppy mounted!!! ;D Carry ON! 8)

Hey thanks Erik................not sure if these kinda builds are everybodies cup of tea but i`m glad ya like it buddy!! ;D

`Boots`

Coorrr ...you're dragging this on a bit aint ya ;D, only joking mucker ...Looks the business !! Looking forward to seeing those fairings wrapped around it :D

Chris.

Thanks everso fellas and soz for the late reply...............wasn`t in computor mode yesterday so i have only just seen the replies ;D

`Boots`

Hiya Ace and thanks buddy..................i reckon ya looking around the 200mph mark............. :eek:

`Boots`

i bet faster, a V-6 that looks like it should be in a averaged sized car! a inline 3 in a crotch rocket will propel it past 200MPH that thing, looks like it would be twice the engine, if not more, i bet that could eat some other bikes up.

Hi Ace.................the engine in this is a V-5 race tuned set in an ultra light frame, i would imagine it may exceed the 200 but on most tracks it doesn`t get a long enough straight to do it on.................love to take it for a spin tho....LOL ;D

`Boots`

Latest posts

Back