USS Odysseus NCC-1978-A

Thanks again, guys.
Sorry for the lack of updates. I've been putting off the light work for about as long as I could

After much delay, and even more "hemming and hawing," I've got some more work to show in this.
At this stage, I have got much of the major lighting work finished.
I'm using the LED tape from ParaGrafix for the majority og the major lighting.
Have a couple of four inch lengths of the warm white, along with two more two inch strips give me the lighting for the secondary hull
odysseus-1978-a-38.jpg

The same amount of LED tape was used in the saucer section to very good results
odysseus-1978-a-39.jpg

For the nacelles, I'm using a four inch strip of the blue LED tape, along with a single red LED in the nose
odysseus-1978-a-40.jpg
odysseus-1978-a-41.jpg

I still need to wire up the lighting for the impulse engines, torpedoes, deflector and the running lights.

Youtube link:
Intrepid Class-USS Odysseus NCC-1978-A-Part 7

Kewl Q!!! The effort you put into this is paying off!! Amazing what some lighting does to this!! Great work so far!! ;)

Looking really nice Q! Love those LED strips, they're super bright!

The Photo Etch is a cool addtion to this too. Liking it. 8)

Looking quite nice, I've been following along on the You Tube thingy. Ambitious to some degree, I'd just cheat and paint the ports a pale yellow color and call it day. Then there is the shuttle/aerowing craft and all the fun that brought! :D

Thanks, all.
Definitely liking the LED tape for the lighting of large spaces. Definitely beats cramming all the extra wiring and resistors into place.

@Starhawk,
Glad you've been watching. Now, I still have to actually install the bay and detail it a little better

Okay,
After many put-offs and procrastinations, we finally have a progress update on the Odysseus.

Using a "blinking" LED circuit for the running lights, I've installed them into the ship. I've also run fiber optics to the LEDs to make getting them into position a little easier, and save on running more LEDs.
(The video, I'll be honest, covers what I did in better detail.)
I've also used 5-minute epoxy to cement the Aeroshuttle bay into place in the lower hull.
In a change of plans, I tied the yellow LEDS from the bay piece into the flashing circuit while keeping the red ones steady
odysseus-1978-a-42.jpg

With the bay in place, making sure the main hull lights still work
odysseus-1978-a-43.jpg

Used some Aves Apoxie Sculpt to close the gaps where the Aeroshuttle bay joins the hull.
odysseus-1978-a-44.jpg

Cemented the two halves of the main hull together, and fired up a light test.
Lower side, with lights on
odysseus-1978-a-45.jpg

Upper side, with lights on
odysseus-1978-a-46.jpg

Youtube link:
Intrepid Class-USS Odysseus NCC-1978-A-Part 8

Looking Awesome Q! I've always liked the Voyager theme music. Cool addition to the vid.

Thanks, guys.

Mike, it may still be a bit before she slides from the dock, but I'm working toward that

Latest posts

Back