USS Odysseus NCC-1978-A

Update time.
The end of this is not too far off. Likely onely one more update after this.

Okay, after cleaning out the airbrush and getting it working, I started off by primering the smaller craft.
Decanted some Krylon primer and shot it with the airbrush (note to self: thin it next time)
odysseus-1978-a-82.jpg
odysseus-1978-a-83.jpg

After cleaning out the brush a little, I shot a very poor coat of Badger camouflage grey onto the Aeroshuttle and shuttles
odysseus-1978-a-84.jpg
odysseus-1978-a-85.jpg

Cleaned out the airbrush MUCH more thoroughly, and re-shot the camouflage grey coat. This time, with MUCH better results.
odysseus-1978-a-86.jpg
odysseus-1978-a-87.jpg

With the base colors down on the small craft, and knowing that the decals will be doing much of the detailing, I turned my attentions to finishing up the detail painting on the ship herself.
I also installed both deflectors and removed the masking from the ship.
The deflectors were painted in with metallic copper
The phaser strips were painted by hand with a dark metallic grey.
I painted up the RCS thrusters with a custom orange mix
odysseus-1978-a-88.jpg
odysseus-1978-a-89.jpg

Youtube link:
Intrepid Class-USS Odysseus NCC-1978-A-Part 14

Thanks for the compliments, guys.
I slowed down this weekend, but should still get her done fairly soon.

Here we go, with the latest progress updates on the Odysseus.
Got the decals on the Aeroshuttle, as well as some minor detail painting
odysseus-1978-a-90.jpg
Hand painted the engines on the shuttles and Delta Flyer.
At this point, I've only decalled the shuttles and may not use the Flyer
odysseus-1978-a-91.jpg

Went in and filled the window holes with Micro Crystal Clear.
The larger bay windows were a bit of a challenge, but I got them all filled.
odysseus-1978-a-92.jpg
odysseus-1978-a-93.jpg
odysseus-1978-a-95.jpg

Used Aves Apoxie Sculpt to make the swtich box look more presentable
odysseus-1978-a-94.jpg

Decalled the ship with all the major markings. Although, dure to some problems with my custom decals for the upper striping, I wound up having to splice the kit striping around the new registry on the bottoms of the nacelles.
The phase warning stripes were hand painted in red. And the four lifeboats I didn't have decals for were handpainted. (The Paragrafix etch set I used adds four missing lifeboats)
So, after a coat of sealer, and working out a bracket for the dedication plaque, I called this one done.

Near the end of the Dominion War, the Pegasus class USS Odysseus, NCC-1978, was destroyed while rescuing the USS Quasar, NCC-74500, from a Jem'Hadar task force.

It was the ingenuity of the Odysseus crew that led to the Quasar being able to escape the nebula it had been using for cover.

To honor the sacrifice of this ship, and the bravery of her crew, the crew of the Odysseus was assigned to a newly completed Intrepid class vessel.

By order of Admiral Fujikama, formerly of Starbase 721, the vessel was given a new name and registry:
USS ODYSSEUS
NCC-1978-A

odysseus-1978-a-96.jpg

odysseus-1978-a-97.jpg
odysseus-1978-a-98.jpg

odysseus-1978-a-99.jpg

odysseus-1978-a-100.jpg

odysseus-1978-a-101.jpg
odysseus-1978-a-102.jpg
odysseus-1978-a-103.jpg

odysseus-1978-a-104.jpg

odysseus-1978-a-105.jpg

odysseus-1978-a-106.jpg
odysseus-1978-a-107.jpg
odysseus-1978-a-108.jpg

odysseus-1978-a-109.jpg

Youtube link:
Intrepid Class-USS Odysseus NCC-1978-A-Part 15-Finale

You really outdid yourself on this one Q!!! She ia a beauty my friend!! Making me really want to give a Sci Fi a shot at some point!! Well done!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Very well done, Q!
I would echo one of my previous posts in this topic and say, that I haven't mistakende the last time - this is indeed probably one of your best works so far, and, plus to that, one of the most awesome Intrepid-class builds I have seen in the web. She is just plenty perfect in all the aspects: the lighting, the paintscheme, all the modifications with the PE and resin little ships You've added to her.
Both thumbs up, man!
And can't wait to see, what your next project is going to be ;)

Latest posts

Back