US Humvee 1/35 by Hobby Craft

Fork Virus

Hey Addicts!

Working on a Humvee circa Operation Iraqi Freedom. It's by Hobby Craft, but I think the kit came from an existing manufacturer. I can't tell who made, no copyright markings. Cuz the last kit I got from Hobby Craft was that Trumpeter Fedayeen technical and quality of the kit was good. This time around, it's a step down, especially the interior where it's weak on :(. What's really weird it came with a battery powered motor. I also encountered a lot of flashes on the parts which grind the build to crawl. This kit was kind of "toy like".
DSC02849.jpg

Here's a preview of the interior: Not that great, I'm still hesitant wither or not to add any more details. The interior part of doors suck.
DSC02870.jpg
The only thing I added so far is a set of NATO radios from Verlinden. I may have to create a headset using styrene plastic and stretched sprue for wires.
DSC02864.jpg
The under carriage details are nice, no complaints.
DSC02865.jpg
Here's a shot of the Mark 19 from Dragon's support weapon set. The stand was originally for the Ma-deuce 50 cal, but modified for MK-19. Adding in more detail underneath the 40 mike-mike ammo case, I believe there's a frame to hold the box in place.
DSC02868.jpg
A series of shots of highly detail Tamiya US modern Stowage.
DSC02866.jpg
DSC02867.jpg
DSC02862.jpg

I'm trying to based this build on the 3th I.D. during there thunder run into Baghdad. If anybody has info on what markings the 3th I.D. use on there victors, please let me know, cuz I i'm blind. If anyone has any suggestion for my humvee build, would be most appreciated.

Here's a side by side with a technical :D
DSC02875.jpg

Looking real good they some top detail buddy they look good nxt to each other

Very cool Fork, its looking really good, the Technical looks very good too, Cant help with the markings tough mabe google could:)

FORK ,

Good lookin Hummer ! Rockin' on that interior !

Unfortunately I don't have any 3rd. I.D. intel for ya Brotha' !

Keep gettin it !!

\m/

Thanx Panzer, Spud, and Elm details about the kit. And it's ok about not finding the 3 ID markings, I may have to buy a book. Sorry about not responding sooner, got pretty busy.

And joeym, the kit cost 9.00 dollars on eBay plus shipping at 10.00 bucks.

Latest posts

Back