Unwrapping

I received my gift today!

And what a gift!!! A BIG thank you very much and a merri xmas to you and your family my secret santa!!!
This i s a really nice gift im stunned at the generosity!!!

image-15.jpg

Once again a big thanks!!!

zappa

No way that's awesome! That's on my Xmas list ;D then lots of things are...

Thats a nice kit !! you'll enjoy that one :)

Chris.

According to my UPS tracking number that I received, as of 10:56 AM this morning December 5th, my recipients gifts are 156 miles from arrival. Packages should be arriving doorstep and delivered tomorrow sometime whenever UPS and the little brown truck arrives in the driveway ha ha. Hoping that my recipient posts a post or two as soon as he receives them so I know if I did a good job of trying to decide which kits to send ha ha. So to you guys that are awaiting for the arrival of your package from your Secret Santa, enjoy and I hope you like them :D

Steven, I'm glad you like the kit. I've seen a few of the builds you've posted and have noticed how far you've progressed with the weathering thing. And these beasts went where the muck was so you should have fun with it. And a verry merry Christmas to you & yours as well.

Brown Santa should be arriving sometime later this afternoon :) Hope to see some unveiling pictures tonight !

And here it is the package has arrived.

20121206_sma_secret_santa_0001.jpg

That's a whole lot of newspaper lets take that off.

20121206_sma_secret_santa_0002.jpg

Nice wrapping paper :) Santa said it was up to me if I waited for Christmas day or not so ...

20121206_sma_secret_santa_0004.jpg

Christmas is whenever we want right ;D

I've been wanting to wet my feet in military vehicles and this is a very cool looking kit .

Thanks allot Secret Santa, I love it ;D

Secret Santa has confirmed delivery to my recipient. Have to duck out to basketball practice for the little one but will be anxiously awaiting to get back home to see if my recipient likes his gifts or not :D

Hmmm...my recipient should've gotten his gift last week...but he hasn't posted since early November so who knows if he'll post about it?

OK...first time getting to post to the Unwrapping section!!! I have to say I am thrilled to see the amount who participated and simply amazed at seeing all the gifts sent and received!! What a great idea!! Thanks!!!

Well, I arrived home to box in my spot on the table (the usual postal drop off by the better half) ;D So trying to play it off and not be too excited, I struck up a conversation with the wife, which I new would keep me from frantically ripping the box open to see what my Santa had sent!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I appologize for all the pics, but it's just the way I seem to do things!! ::)

The Box:

SecretSanta007.jpg

I have to admit, Christmas for me has always been a sort of two-edged sword. I tend toward having the wife let any of the family that will be giving to give money as I can use it to get what I like....not what they think I will like! Brian, you nailed it!!

Upon opening the box was a large envelope addressed to me from Dept. of the Navy Commander....which kind of threw me for a moment.

SecretSanta012.jpg

Looking very official, I read through the letter....still a bit confused I read it and then bewildered, I turned my attention to the box to make sense of it all.

Pulling aside the paper inside, to my wandering eye should appear, was a large plaque.

SecretSanta014.jpg

On the plaque is the coat of arms of the USS Maryland SSBN 738 Ballistic Missile Submarine...My generous Santa's Submarine that he served on defending our country!! Below the crest a name plate....

SecretSanta016.jpg

What an amazing touch that was added to the plaque to personalize it!!

Still thrown a bit, I dug a bit deeper. Odd, it felt like material, the kind used in clothing.... well it was.

SecretSanta019.jpg

I have to say my jaw dropped and I got that funny feeling we all got as a kid as we opened our presents on Christmas morn. This is an official set of coveralls that would be used on the USS Maryland and if we go back to the Official letter, it states that all these items spent time on the boat whilst she was on strategic deterrent patrol!! (yeah got goose bumps the first time I read it too!!) This is just way to cool!!

SecretSanta024.jpg

SecretSanta022.jpg

Of course I needed to muster on, deeper into the box and after pulling all the paper out....there it was :eek: The kit:

SecretSanta027.jpg

Yup...DML's USS Maryland in all her glory!! A 2 in 1 kit she comes with a second model, that of the LA Class USS Chicago!!! WOW!!

Of course things need to fall out of the box as they do and of course I take my time sniffing all the new plastic!!

SecretSanta029.jpg

I am happy and proud to say thank you to T-badger for his most generous of gifts!! I want to also thank him for his service to our country and it is truly an honor Sir, to see my name on the coveralls above the boats patch , the plaque and article of authenticity!! Thank you very much for the kit as well!! Some builds mean more than others and this is no less than that. Trust me, I will be consulting you as to the accuracy ....well almost accuracy of this vessel....as we all know we don't want to upset NCIS (lol... I remember our conversation from way back!! ;D )

Thanks you again...Merry Christmas to you and yours Brian and the Merriest of Christmases to the entire HERD!!

OK. That is wild man. Perfect. It's so cool...

What an amazing group of people you all are. TBadger, that's class man.

Oh man, it looks like TBadger is trying to steal my job!!!

Well its not going to happen!

It's so nice to see you guys having so much fun!

Happy Holidays!

Tbadger, that is just absolutely AMAZING buddy. First class all the way. Wow wow wow. Thank You Sir for your service and sacrifices giving us the opportunity to do what we all love to do. You Sir are a good man. That is just stunning. I was completely confused until I seen the engraving on the plaque and remembered your prior posts. Very very cool. Thank You again and Merry Christmas to all.

Cool

but havent een mine been unwrapped yep but tracking shows arival....

Latest posts

Back