U.S.S. Reliant

Splashcoat

Here are several photographs of my build up of Amt/Ertl’s 1/650th scale kit of the Miranda Class Starship, U.S.S. Reliant. I can’t say that I was completely satisfied with the outcome – I went a little freestyle with the Aztec paint scheme and I didn’t quite get the results I was looking for. Nevertheless, I wanted to submit some pictures of it so I tried using creative lighting to cover a multitude of sins.
jk_051607_reliant1.jpg

jk_051607_reliant2.jpg

jk_051607_reliant5.jpg
jk_051607_reliant6.jpg
jk_051607_reliant7.jpg

Looks good...this is being re-released by Round 2.....they have done some accurizing on it apparently....can't wait to see it come out.

Hmmm... maybe I'll rip off a nacelle and cover up my poor Aztec scheme with some battle damage and Mutara Nebula dust.

USS_Reliant_disabled.jpg

A pretty good job on that kit, all considering...

There is so much miranda class and variant you can use thanks to the various vessels sawn in TNG and DS9, with no Roll Bar, with other details on it, The Soyuz Class for instance, or the one in the DS9 pilot, with Commander Sisko.

The thing will always be the surface details, the aztec patterns. I think there is decal sheets sold separatly by R2, is it not ? The same one you have in the new edition of the Reliant.

Looks good to me too. I always did like this design - it's my favourite Trek ship.

"Gas"- Mutara Nebula *choke* Gas. :^P Dust is what the renegade Klingon Commander ("Jim" to his bros back at the Taxi Co.) was farting after Kirk kicked him over the cliff on the Genesis planet (made out of Mutara gas, Reliant and genetically engineered uber-human remains).

Good job on the Reliant model! Thanks for the look-see....

BP

Splashcoat said:
Hmmm... maybe I'll rip off a nacelle and cover up my poor Aztec scheme with some battle damage and Mutara Nebula dust.

USS_Reliant_disabled.jpg

Latest posts

Back