Trumpeter 1/32 Grumman F4F-3 "Wildcat"

I

Ialarmu

Here is a build I've started for another forum that I wanted to share with the Herd. The Trumpeter kits are really nice IMO and I really enjoy 1/32 scale.

I've been having trouble uploading photo's for some reason so I will try Imageshack for a change.

Box and sprue shots:

img3279v.jpg

img3280y.jpg

img3281j.jpg

img3284f.jpg

img3283d.jpg

img3285ub.jpg

img3288b.jpg

img3289u.jpg

img3290d.jpg

img3292mr.jpg

Well, fortunately you won't have to wait long cuz like I say I was having trouble posting pics.
I have a bit of a start on things. ;D

Cockpit:

img3293zk.jpg

img3294n.jpg

img3295ac.jpg

img3297z.jpg

I decided to make some good ole tamiya tape seat harness with plasticard buckles:

img3298t.jpg

img3299c.jpg

Finished cockpit:

img3300k.jpg

img3302a.jpg

img3307d.jpg

I'll move onto the egine now and this will get me caught up to date:

I cut the valve tubes off and used brass rod as the kit ones weren't long enough.

img3308s.jpg

img3309z.jpg

Here is the finished engine, wiring was done with 6lb test fishing line instead of wire. The fishing line seems to give a smoother effect but, I guess it's just preferance.

I used tamiya paints and a oil pin wash applied by airbrush and wiped off with cotton swabs. I did some dry brushing and some fiddling to get it to look right....right being a dirty old engine.

img3316go.jpg

img3315q.jpg

img3311t.jpg

img3313k.jpg

Ta! for now ;)

More progress, I have her painted up and will move on to the bulk of the weathering next. There are still a lot of the tiny bits to do.

Preshading:

2 coats of Future:

;D

Here's the final little update before reveal. Decals and weathering are complete, I just have to finish all the lttle peripherals and that should be it.

I'm quite happy with the way my canopy came out, best yet IMO.

Dave, man. You sure do fantastic work. I'd love to see all your 1/32 birds side by side.

Scott Girvan said:
Dave, man. You sure do fantastic work. I'd love to see all your 1/32 birds side by side.

That can be arranged, I have a total of only 4 when i finish this one. Just have to finish the gear on a P-51 I've been working on over the last year.

Latest posts

Back