Trumpeter 1:24 bf109G-10

Well here I am with just a small update.

The interior aft the pit is now much closer to finished.

The interior is painted Alclad Aluminum but only after the bulkheads had been glued in place. That is all but two. The one with the radio equipment and the one with the O2 bottles.

Interior-Paint-2_zps9b994af1.jpg

Interior-Paint-1_zpsd3316ee1.jpg

The details were assembled and painted. They are the O2 bottles which look rougher in the pics that to the eye. The radio equipment. I also fashioned a gyro compass for further aft in the fuse.

Interior-Paint-4_zps21a4865b.jpg

Interior-Paint-5_zpsa584ee9b.jpg

Interior-Paint-3_zps25fe3f4d.jpg

All that is left for this area is the plumbing. I need to string some cables from front to aft, run some lines for the fuel and booster system, install the final two bulkheads, and finalize the places for the cable from the compass and radio antenna wire.

Coming to the close of this stage.

All comments, critiques, and comments are encouraged.

Joe

Well another brief update.

I could not wait, I began to work on the major components of the pit. I began with the sides as I needed to fabricate the framework. I did that and then began to mock up the different components.

The Starboard side.

Pit-3_zpsoibinyva.jpg

Pit-4_zpshk5qissp.jpg

And the Port....

Pit-2_zpslftxy0tt.jpg

And the vent for the Port, the Starboard side is gone with the opening.

Pit-1_zpshtdelxux.jpg

I still need to finish off the plumbing for the aft section and I need to fabricate the plumbing for the sides of the pit. The floor part should be pretty straitforward.

Another thing I am learning is I am going through my stock of white stock very quickly.

All comments, critiques, and criticism are encouraged.

Joe

Just a short update.

The construction of the pit is done. Some final pics prior to paint with the major components ready to color.

First up was finishing the pit floor and then getting the fiddly bits in place so that I could get some paint on her.

Pit-11_zpstkaf035l.jpg

Pit-10_zps47rcwbpz.jpg

Pit-8_zpsbqlonrpg.jpg

Pit-9_zpsfydqw1mv.jpg

And then the prep prior to the paint.

Pit-5_zpsd8rej9c8.jpg

Pit-7_zpsenu8p1ws.jpg

Pit-6_zps8haohzpv.jpg

First up will be a prepaint of Life Color Matt Black. That has been done and is drying as I type. Next will be the RLM 66 also Life Color.

Joe

Well when we last saw the subject I had constructed a boxlike structure for the starboard side. When I went to fit it into the pit with all the other things I found that it was much too large for the space. I went back and looked at ref pics and then redid it.

Before....

Pit-16_zpsuob0ipfq.jpg

And then after....

Pit-15_zps23pq6gpo.jpg

I did manage to get everything painted...

Pit-17_zpssqqpkzda.jpg

Pit-19_zps7msesohu.jpg

Pit-20_zpsmu1vijps.jpg

Pit-18_zpsmmasxcke.jpg

And then with all the parts in place. All but the IP and its hood are glued.

Pit-14_zpsurezncfs.jpg

Pit-12_zpsyqg2pjno.jpg

Pit-13_zpsspjferky.jpg

I do feel I rushed through the last bit but with everything in place and in the fuse halves it should be ok.

Next up will be to finish up the gunsight and then on to the engine and its compartment.

Joe

Eh up,I've been following this build for awhile lurkin in the shadows,but i have to say that i am
amazed by the extra detail you've put into.keep up with the top work... :eek:

Just a quick update to show......

On to the engine.

Got the major assembly done and the Gloss Black on it. I drybrushed it and have it ready to add the detail stuff.

Engine-4_zpsjkhq7w8c.jpg

Engine-5_zpsvub8jb9m.jpg

Engine-1_zps1de57pb2.jpg

Engine-2_zpsgeumtp9z.jpg

Engine-3_zpsv8hugpek.jpg

I hope to work on it some tomorrow. I have found some good pics that show a bunch.

Joe

Well folks you will pardon me if this is a bit enthusiastic of an update.

PROGRESS..............................

Warning I do believe there are things missing. However in this scale most will never know and most of it will never fit into the space.

First up. Detailing the engine. I added some bits and bobs, some lines and hoses. All in all it is about 90% complete I think. First a shot of a trick that I picked up somewhere but had never tried. A styrene rod overlength. Add ordinary electrical tape. Slice the tape into thin lines. Attach the tape to one end of the styrene and then roll the rod so the tape attaches to the rod.

Engine-8_zpsa5zo5em3.jpg

It works. Good god it works.

The engine detailed out.

Engine-9_zps5npoujwe.jpg

Engine-7_zpsycogc6yq.jpg

Engine-6_zpsf9q1ja9p.jpg

Engine-10_zpszozvrfxh.jpg

Now to the exciting part. Dryfit into place. IT FITS.

Mock-Up-3_zpsqra4ewkn.jpg

Mock-Up-4_zpsjgefy7mi.jpg

Mock-Up-2_zpsabvbktd1.jpg

Mock-Up-5_zpscqzdzgg9.jpg

Mock-Up-1_zps2sbrxmtt.jpg

Now folks I had to step away for a bit. This has made me very happy. It all lines up and all the additions I have made seem to fit.

Now for the clean up part. There are a few small pieces to get into place yet and a couple of things to trim to get into place. I need to add the remaining bulkheads and the fuel cell as well as the booster tank. I do need to mock up the pipe that sticks out the rear of the pit. What I have there just will not work. I can with great happiness say that the interior of the aircraft is about 80% finished.

Joe

Ok serious time.

I need blunt honesty and help from those with the expertise on these birds.

Here is the engine/pit combo. I am also going to show how it looks in the fuse. The IP shroud is not glued into place yet. (it is still floating a bit in the pictures) The combo is not glued into the fuse as I still need to weather and stain some. The guns sit just a bit off as they are glued to the IP shroud but are still "floating" with it.

Mock-Up-13_zpsdyq74yyn.jpg

Mock-Up-12_zpsbwdhxeni.jpg

Mock-Up-11_zpsn03ite11.jpg

Mock-Up-10_zps3do4agbi.jpg

Mock-Up-9_zpsx17r403j.jpg

Mock-Up-8_zps1ucfcbym.jpg

Mock-Up-7_zps1ptl2kwa.jpg

Mock-Up-6_zpsgl9a5mfj.jpg

So...am I missing anything? Obvious mistakes that can be corrected?

Honestly I have studied all the pictures I can find, all the drawings I can lay my hands on, everything I can. Other than some small wires and hoses that I cannot find where they originate or end, I think I have done about all I can.

Please, all comments, critiques, and criticism are encouraged and requested.

Joe

Latest posts

Back