Trains Anyone?

I would love to get into it, but its a lack of time, money and the big one - space. My uncle had an amazing set up when I was a kid. I loved playing with it.

Maybe when my kids are older and we move into a bigger house.

Yea you pretty much nailed all of it lol. My Dad got into it when he was in college and we always some sort of small table layout whenever we moved around when I was younger. I've thought about getting into again when Im out of college but I've found the prices have gotten way out of control these last few years

nope, got some HO boxed up but have a neglected but functional 1:20.3 scale large scale railroad in the garden

I also am into Model Railroading have been for eons ATM I have a couple of On30 Locos. The advantage of On30 is it's 1:48 yet operates on HO or 1:87 track work. This site http://www.carendt.com/ has allot of good ideas for micro layouts for anyone with little to no space.

The more I look at train scenery the more I think I'd loose my wife, my business, my house etc...if I ever got into it. It's SOOO AWESOME. To build a huge diorama that goes on and on and on - just awesome.

Some of THE best scenery skills I've seen are on train sites - so much to learn and the train guys, some of those old vets, they know their stuff.

EDIT: Just checked out that link to carendt.com - really cool stuff. Makes me think that a small and not-cost-a-fortune layout is possible. Hmmmm. A new addiction???

Well here's another link for ya.... Ever hear of Gn15 it's G scale or 1:20 aprox kinda a rubber band scale really some model as 1:20 or 1.22.5 anyway it represents 15" gauge tracks so it also used Ho track and switches but with large scale equipment and ppl. Most stuff modeled is industrial stuff and plain oddball subject matter. here's the link... http://forum.gn15.info/index.php

dude... trains rock, if i had the money to build a train track, i would do it in a heart beat, i heard there is a scale that matches 1/48! then i could put my airplanes and make it a Diorama!

13aceofspades13 said:
dude... trains rock, if i had the money to build a train track, i would do it in a heart beat, i heard there is a scale that matches 1/48! then i could put my airplanes and make it a Diorama!

The matching 1:48 scale would be "O" Scale or for the narrow gauge aspect On30 it's a nice scale; equipment is readily available and generally low cost but it's a great scale to scratch build in. Check the "Gn15" link there is a wealth of great info and tips. And hand laying your own rail is well very cool and can't be beat. Or herehttp://www.on30.ca/ and http://www.bouldervalleymodels.com/ Both I know through a Yahoo On30 group

I cant imagine G gauge trains running on HO track. If I ever do get serious about it Ill stick with HO since we already have a ton of that stuff. Then we got a few boxes of old Lionel stuff my Dad found in his frat house in college so I we run those a couple periodically too

Video 5

First run of the year on the neglected garden G/F scale model Railroad

Here is a couple of shots from the East coast large scale model Railroad convention. York PA

unfortunately trains got in my way of me finishing a couple models during my spring break and they also claimed a chunk of my modeling budget. Dam you fun hobbies! O well, my interest shifted back to modeling now :D

NO, NO, NO....why did I have to watch that.....for that matter why did you have to post that!!

With an acre and a quarter here, I could do some damage around the property with one of those, through the flowerbeds, down by the brook, around by the front door to greet customers as they come into the shop, can feel my wallet shrinking already.

Just love how it busts through trees and flowers like they aren't even there.

Some nice CJs in the background as well!!

I have some N Gauge kit lying about that I was always going to do something with! Does not take up too much space. Still needs more than I have though. One Day.... :)

I'm your Huckleberry when it comes to trains. I have almost all HO, and some G scale. Have chased trains, done cab rides, belong to model railroading clubs, built 100'sof kits, weathered 100's more, designed Garden Railroads, and help build them. Also have a 1000 Sq. Ft. room for a new layout I am about to start. I have a few YT uploads on some trains you all might like.

Greg

UP844 SLIDE SHOW

Latest posts

Back