Titanic 1:1200 Revell Sinking, Breaking Up and Lighted

Thanks

Here's some new pics in the sun, I added the rear mast and fitted the whole block of resin in the base. And cut the edges off the resin, which you can see doesn't look that great, need some kind of way to smooth the resin out, heat? Still to do: paint the base and add waves/white water on the coean surface, oh and a name tag :)

Barry

9165330441_f95c07b244_o.jpg
9165330027_ae3c64a32b_o.jpg

Super super super coooll......excellent idea.......
But...so far as i know.. The Titanic broke in half from the middle of 2 rear funnels...

[attachment deleted by admin]

But...so far as i know.. The Titanic broke in half from the middle of 2 rear funnels

That is incorrect ,, it split just forward of the second to last stack ;D

Phewww, you had me worried for a moment ;D

I took NatGeo magazine for reference, it has a wonderful illustration also of how Titanic went down.

The thing that is actually not accurate is the ship would fill with water and then break up, the back side would not be level as it is now, I found this out when I was pouring the epoxy and realised my "tank" wasn't deep enough to have the backside at an angle. Let that be a lesson.

Hey guys, it's been a while but I've got the Titanic completed, the last few things were adding waves (clear caulk) and white water (paint). Might add a name tag still, not sure, but I figure it's done and time to move on!

Here's some final photos. Thanks for watching and you may find me soon in the scifi section with a new project :)

Barry

9686566699_b46df5100c_o.jpg
9689804204_0ef71037c3_o.jpg
9689804810_dcd9810fa2_o.jpg
9686566123_7d4327f15f_o.jpg
9686564797_29f1cac3a3_o.jpg
9689802782_b94f975bf3_o.jpg

9686567379_439e72201c_o.jpg

Wow man !
Great photos -- all the worry , and look how beautiful it came out ;D !
Awesome .
Uru

The lights give a real greatness to the kit ! Well done, especially with this scale. :D

Looks amazing! the dark room with the kit lit up like that, really gives it that feeling of being alone and out of luck. Nice work! And very inspiring!

Thanks a lot (dankje in dutch) guys for the responses. subhuman's response made me think I need some title for this model, there must be some nautical saying, I know one in dutch but don't know the english version, something like: To let all hope fare by? In my language the word "fare" would mean to "sail" or "to drive a ship" (is there a general word for driving a boat in english? cruising?). Let me know if you know what I mean :)

If anyone has the Revell 1:1200 or plans to get it, the idea of a sunken one with an ROV (with spotlights) surrounding it would be a cool project as mentioned earlier. Theres loads of research for it too and I havent seen one made yet as far as I know, hope this inspires and I would be happy to help with any resin issues or other.

Barry

(is there a general word for driving a boat in english?
You "pilot" a ship ... "underway" or "at sail" if that helps .... I was down in the engine room -so , Any quartermast or boatswain about ? !

I like the sub-sea diorama ideas ... with the ROV hovering .. . ;D --- pretty challenging

Wow it turned out awesome. Very very nicely done and great idea. Nice man!! Very nice!!

Latest posts

Back