Thoughts on the Harbor Freight Deluxe Airbrush

RocketSilo, I know... To be honest, I keep going back and forth between the two. I hadn't heard anything "bad" about the Neo that put me off buying it but I have always heard great things about Badger (they are right near where I grew up in IL) AB's and I do believe in buying quality.

Anyways, I may end up picking up the Neo for my daughter, and the Badger for myself.

I still have time to change my mind another 7-9 times... as an estimate.

I know what you mean I now have 5 AB's,, Over the years I find a deal or want to try something new.

good thing about the Badger is they will repair and tune it for the life of the AB , all you pay is to ship it.

I finally got the Badger 105 "Patriot", I've only used it for about 10-15 minutes so far but my #1 concern will be a non-issue with this AB. It is EASY to clean! On top of that, it disassembles & assembles easily. Compared to the the HF AB, it's a pleasure and that is with only using it for a very short time.

Overall, it just feels solid and well-built. It's heavier than the HF, but not too heavy (for me at least).

Now I can focus on getting the paint consistency & air pressure correct. I first tried some Model Color, it was thick and I ended up cleaning it out after I couldn't get it properly mixed in the cup (my mistake). I then tried some Model Air and it worked great right out of the bottle.

With a little shopping around, I ended up with a Air Brush & Compressor (Husky compressor from Home Depot) combo that ran me about $130 total. Not bad, I'm pretty happy with that.

Happy Holidays!
-CS

Latest posts

Back