The Zombie Crusher

Junkie

Spent a bit of time this afternoon working on the suspension for this Black Ops 2 / Zombie Hunter Monster Truck Van concoction.

This, obviously, is a kit bash, using the Revell 77 Chevy Van and the MPC Bronco Monster Truck. The Bronco was a incomplete eBay buy a few years back. I only really took an inventory of the parts a couple of days ago and found it to be missing parts of the front leaf springs, one of the gear boxes and a couple other important parts for this bash...so I'm simply gonna make do.

It's a Zombie Hunter....

Again, the name of the game is get'r done. Nothing fancy...or accurate. I simply built up the vans frame with Evergreen, used the springs from the van in the front..and just made it work. This, again, is a project with my son and the goal is to have fun more than anything else.

Here are some picks...just mocked up. Wheels are really wonky and nothing really set in stone as far as stance etc... rear end is up a bit, just the way I wanted it.

4269.jpg

4270.jpg

4271.jpg

4272.jpg

4273.jpg

Nice work as always Scott!!!! Keep the pics coming. Hope you enjoy working on this with your Son. Having fun is the name of the game.

Man ...That looks Sweet ;D ;D ;D ...Love the stance ,needs a big Bull bar on the front ;D

Chris.

Looks cool. What a great canvas. You could do anything on the body of that van. Did you strip the chrome on the grill or did it come that way?

This thing screams death machine! What a cool build, so many options/directions to take this thing. Hope you guys have a ton of fun w/ this!

Total fun, and creative. Yeah I stripped the chrome.

Here's what we've brainstormed:

Gatling gun on roof, hole to be cut for turret (Tristen loves the Dremel ;) )
Light bar
Bull bar on front
Screen mesh over windows
Roof rack, with gear
Might 'gull wing' the side door open, with more weapons etc...
some armor plate, chain etc...
antennas, communication stuff
Also have a 1970s Yamaha 250 Trail Bike that will be attached to the back...with a winch to lower it. (the 'scout' assessory)

Paint is gonna be black with orange...like Black Ops 2. Rusted in places. Need to really weather those tires...

Feel free to offer ideas guys....

Monster truck 1 - Zombies nil ;D,

This kinda reminds me of a kit I built with my dad when I was a kid. Was called " mean mudder " came with a trail bike. From memory was revell.

Love the concept Scott, sounds like a whole heap o zombie crushing fun !

Wet & dry sandpaper is a quick way to give the tryes wear , cut up the tread too ,take some nicks out of them and wear them down a bit in places . The some Dust and mud pigments should add a good effect .

Chris.

Sounds like fun. Chris offered excellent advice on the wheels. Not much else to add, sounds like you got all the guns and armour covered. :)

Scott Girvan said:
some armor plate, chain etc...

It would be a little bit of work but you could always do some kind of "Ball and Chain" Armor like what is on the back of the Merkava's. ;D

nice to see you sorted out how to fit them to the van your idea or your sons...???? and it loooks a beast

Scott Girvan said:
that's a great idea....on the sides...gotta look into that.

Pretty easy to make from a matterials stand point. Get jewlery chain and headpins from Michaels or other arts & crafts store. Maybe 5 bucks total.

geegad said:
nice to see you sorted out how to fit them to the van your idea or your sons...???? and it loooks a beast

Chris Spaldings idea...Tristen is only back next week and before he went to his Moms we figured if I had the chassis ready for next week that would be cool.

Looks like it'll be a fun build, cant wait to see it come together. You know, a good old used hydraulically operated snowplow blade on the front would come in mighty handy to mow down all those zombies meandering all over the roads... just sayin. ;D

Charlie...it sure would. Tristen did mention that.

I don't have one though...and can't really buy a kit just for the plow....

Latest posts

Back