The Zombie Crusher

Scott Girvan said:
Charlie...it sure would. Tristen did mention that.

I don't have one though...and can't really buy a kit just for the plow....

I bet you could scratch a pretty cool V shaped blade out of card stock. I bet it would weather up nice.

Hmmm....perhaps. I think I'd use styrene though. I have some sheets the same thickness as cardstock.

Scott Girvan said:
Hmmm....perhaps. I think I'd use styrene though. I have some sheets the same thickness as cardstock.

I can picture it now, somehow incorporated into some kind of roll bar type protective cage. Maybe a few blood stains on it from smashing Zombies.

Thing is...the big tires are for simply rolling over them.

Perhaps some form of plow blade in the lower center, protect the drive train etc...

Scott Girvan said:
Thing is...the big tires are for simply rolling over them.

Perhaps some form of plow blade in the lower center, protect the drive train etc...

Good point about the big tires. Instead of a plow, maybe a big skid plate protecting the drive trains/shafts? I was thinking about the engine, is this a V8 or equivalent big block? With those wheels and all the extra stuff you will need a big powerhouse.

not sure what the kit engine is... v8 i think.

thing is, with this kit you never see it.

I would go with a sump guard under the front ,I think a Blade/plough would have to sit too low and connecting it to the body could be awkward ?

Chris.

Yeah, I'm thinking so too. A plough would be cool on another build though....saved to database of zomberiffic ideas.

Sump guard makes sense...and an opportunity for some nice paint...and brains.

Scott Girvan said:
Yeah, I'm thinking so too. A plough would be cool on another build though....saved to database of zomberiffic ideas.

Sump guard makes sense...and an opportunity for some nice paint...and brains.

I heard AK was coming out with a new weathering effect. "Zombie Brain". Hahaha.

In all seriousness, this is a very cool build!

There is actually some 'blood' paint in wargaming...lol..

So last night while partaking in watching the Bachelor with the Missus (yes I watch it and yes I enjoy watching it) I cranked out an oversized GAU-17/A (or M134 - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minigun).

Its a rocking weapon. This is what I'm trying to scratch:
4278.jpg

Mine is too large. You can see it here next to a M2 from the 1/24 Spitfire kit.
4274.jpg

I'm using these parts. I have 2 sizes smaller that I can still use. The one above has 1.6mm barrels. Gonna try another with 1mm barrels, and shorten everything. I now have some specs from wiki (link above)
4275.jpg

And seen here with a 1/20 Ma.K. - Still way too big.
4276.jpg

Sure....there is an argument to be made that it is simply a BFG...but I'd like it to be the proper scale.

I think I have an extra minigun in 1:35 from my AH-60 DAP build....attached to a swivel arm. dont know if itd work to send it off. pending if I can find it that is :)

I like your attention to the detail on the size of this thing. There is a reason they are called "mini-guns" haha.

Scott! This is fantastic, and what a fun project to take on with your lad. Id like to see a load of graffiti on the side of the truck "Brain Eaters Rot In Hell" or something loving like that.

You should have no trouble knocking up a few of those little guns ;D Handy that Wiki has the dimensions ! I was looking everywhere ,couldnt find any 1/24 mini guns ...anywhere !!

Chris.

Yeah, scale is important. Graffiti is an idea...

I should be able to make one, when I get back to it.

Latest posts

Back