The Weathering Magazine

Hope your doing well brotha, been wanting to get in touch with you but wasn't sure of the situation.

Would have been great to see yours in there....next time ??

i agree with bs1 on the vids Ken it was your vids that got me back into the hobby. :)

Quote from: Elm City Hobbies on Sat Jun, 16, 2012, 07:20:pM

instead of SBS on how to do rust, or how to do chips, it is basically going to be articles on how to weather from start to finish for example a Pz. IV, or Gundam, etc, etc.

Actually just the opposite, it is just a step by step on how to achieve rust, and nothing else. Just like a page out of FAQ.

These are short, technique specific mini articles on the technique only. You will not see anything from start to finish, aside from how to perform a technique.

Ahh, OK, that wasn't the feeling I got from looking at the sample pages, looked more like a weathering article on a specific subject.

Either way, it will still be pretty awesome!

yep it's all what Ken has said, sorry I didn't express it that way. And yes you'll .......bricks when you see it, very cool and different.

ken , good that your still doing full articles bro.

Ok... Now that everybody are Officially excited about this new Mag.... (me included ) When is it going to be made avail ? time frame ??? anyone !

If I purchase the big FAT "FAQ2" book.... which looks incredibly cool! but out of wallet reach right now.... Is that magazine going to be a rehash of those articles or a brand new collection of COOL SBS effects ? Being dedicated to Weathering, it might just be... different enough to warrant my Money !

as I am bored of FSM and other magazines like it.... which show you either.. PLAIN Good modeling or Outrageous skill sets without a road map to how they got there.... Beside sitting at the bench !

Looking forward to see or hear about this new pub ! especially if you can download it....

Next !

Nope this is not a re hash of the FAQ 2. That book was done by Mig, the mag is all modelers. The techniques used vary, as do each modelers skills, and the subjects also vary. So you can see simple techs on things like cars, tanks trains etc.
They are shooting for a release date of June 20th. US price is $12 and 8 euro for you boys across the pond. They are also working on a new website just for this magazine.

I am quite sure Iain of AK USA will chime in soon.

You will be able to download it for ipad and they are woking on an android version, no Doubt Ian will pop in soon to tell you this,

It's listed on ak Spain's site for 8 euro And shipping of 12.90 ....... Ha!, I'm sure hat will change

:eek:. Almost 20$ shipping? Doh. I think I'll pass. Might as well wait for the mag to show up in stores and only pay 12$....

Ak Spain has it listed but 12.90 shipping .... Ild wait until the new site launches and see what shipping will be

I subscribet the weathering magazine 4 issue 38 Euros and 28 euros for delivery in australia, now after i subscribed at this really piece of gold ,I hope post office do not loose it or rip, will be a big damage , and hope it is a value for price
mario

One garantee is the pubblisher Me vallejo so he is an authority in coluring and wathering figure and models
Mario

Wow, given the shipping costs, I think I'll opt for a digital download version. Could you view it on a regular computer? If so, sign me up!

Do they do FAQ in a digital version too?

Latest posts

Back