The Weathering Magazine

Yep a new mag that deals with just weathering. You'll find SBS type articles from various modelers showing different techniques to achieve almost the same result. many of the articles are just SBS and don't go into much of the build or painting. So basically it's the part you seldom find in other mags and wonder ' ok, but how did he do it'.

First issue deals with rust effects, next two are very cool and what most modelers ask questions about.

The new mag will be distributed most likely by the main guys in various countries and to small LHS. But I am sure it will be available for those who wish to subscribe.

Rob

Yes I believe Iain will be getting them in. At the moment it's at the printer. Iain has done a lot of the edit stuff for this issue, along with John.

You guys are going to love this new look....serious ;D ;D

I'm going by what I've heard so please check with AK USA or Spain. Last I heard the mag went to print. It may also be available by subscription only. We have to wait and get the news from the source I guess.
Gonna be a great year for AK Int. for sure

Since it has a price tag of 8 Euros on the cover, I think that it's pretty safe to assume it will be available for individual sale.

It will also be available for digital download for those of you who use iPads, Kindles, Knooks, and other e-readers etc.

For those of you who have FAQ, or FAQ2 it's laid out much like that, no full build articles but just step by step photos and short descriptions of a specific technique.

I'm actually very curious to see how this is going to be received. I've already seen it and it's very different than other magazines out there, I wont influence others with my opinion but will be very interested in seeing how others feel about it.

I think I will defo get the printed edition. 8)

I think it will be well received because there is a lot of people out there that this will help.

So will we see you in it some time ken??? I hope so ;)

spud said:

I was asked to contribute to this issue spudster and had actually completed two different SBS.

I didn't end up submitting them though...

aww. well you know im a big fan of your work so i will defo look forward to seeing you in it if you ever submit some sbs ;D

Well when I read what's going to be in it and what's not my first thought was this is going to shake the modeling magazine world and I hope it's going to be that way :)

I don't know about "shaking the magazine world"

As I understand it, it is going to be produced 4 times a year (to start), and will pretty much be the FAQ 2 book, but in a magazine format, but instead of SBS on how to do rust, or how to do chips, it is basically going to be articles on how to weather from start to finish for example a Pz. IV, or Gundam, etc, etc.

Definitely nothing else like it out there however!

Elm City Hobbies said:
I don't know about "shaking the magazine world"

Well there is one aspect of the magazine that will definitely be a first in modeling, that much is true.

When you see it, you'll _ _ _ _ bricks.

srsly

Elm City Hobbies said:
instead of SBS on how to do rust, or how to do chips, it is basically going to be articles on how to weather from start to finish for example a Pz. IV, or Gundam, etc, etc.

Actually just the opposite, it is just a step by step on how to achieve rust, and nothing else. Just like a page out of FAQ.

These are short, technique specific mini articles on the technique only. You will not see anything from start to finish, aside from how to perform a technique.

Ken Abrams said:
spud said:

I was asked to contribute to this issue spudster and had actually completed two different SBS.

I didn't end up submitting them though...

That's too bad man.
You do awesome work.
I miss your videos on YouTube.

Ah didn't think I had seen your stuff Ken. Didn't recognize the hands....LOL

Thought for sure you got yours in on time. I managed to get the two in on time.

The think about this techniques mag is that you get various tech's from different modelers to get basically similar results. So if one tech doesn't work for you, then try another ....which is how it should be.

Yeah got to check it out a did a quick read of it. Will wait for the edited version with the added stuff.

Still need to get my other SBS stuff done for issue 3 and 4.....lots of time this time round.

Black Sheep 1 said:
That's too bad man.
You do awesome work.
I miss your videos on YouTube.

Thanks Howard, I appreciate that. Maybe someday I'll return to the camera and videos and such but only time will tell.

...but I do still love to write articles and I've long submitted a couple that have yet to go to print and I'm finishing up another right now. I'll never stop doing that, I just wasn't 'feeling' the format of this and found myself focusing on other stuff.

scratchmod said:
Thought for sure you got yours in on time.

Nah it wasn't about time, every thing was done. I just didn't feel like submitting them.

Latest posts

Back