Thanks fed ex!

JohnSimmons

For Spud: I was once Merseajohn
Recieved this today:
6690b6ec.jpg

cbbea691.jpg

Ridiculous......everytime I ordered from AKi directly I would get it in a flat rate sturdy box......now i know not to spring for the FedEx shipping. Animals they are

UPS and USPS can be just as bad. There are lots of bad delivery videos on Youtube, though USPS usually complains and gets them deleted.

Contact Ian at AK im sure he will be able to help you out, or colin26 on the forums here same person.

They were packed well enough it's just fed ex likes to chuck stuff about! I'll let AK know though.

i wouldnt be happy at all you should be entitled to a replacment by one or the other. well where i come from you are ;D

FedEx probably won't do anything so I'd contact AK.

None of the major shipping companies treat packages with care. Things should be packed securely in a box knowing that it's more than likely going to get thrown around. I find that "fragile" or "do not bend" seem to be reverse psychology to them. Though, I've probably went overboard with a few kits I've mailed.

I would agree with Spud, you should def get a replacement from the shipper. Even though delivery companies toss stuff around it's still the shipper's responsibility to make sure its packaged securly and arrives in the condition argreed upon at time of purchase.

I've spoken to Iain and he will pass a link to this thread on to Spain, where the package came from. These things unfortunately do happen from time to time.

As someone who has personally spent quite a bit of time with Miguel, Carlos and Iain, I'm quite sure it will all be handled well as they are all really genuine and quality people.

No need to light the torches and demand heads on platters just yet... ;)

Hello Guys,
I am very glad that you have brought this to our attention. Unfortunately, these things do happen from time to time.
If these were sent to you directly from our office in Spain, please do not hesitate to contact them directly with this information. They will act quickly to replace your damaged items as well as make corrections to be sure that this doesnt happen to any other modelers.
Once again, thank you for letting us know about this. This is the first time 2.5 years that this has happened and thanks to your help, we can be sure that it is the last.

this sort of behaviour isn't just a fedex issue.

i have had similar problems with Royal Mail and Parcel Force here in the UK.... they are more commonly known where i work as Royal Fail and Parcel Farce.

with video evidence like that i would have thought you would have some grounds for compensation

Latest posts

Back