Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving weekend

pro

Hope everybody had a great Thanksgiving. I couldn't make it to the gathering still in my wheel chair but hopefully in a few months with a new therapy I'm going to be doing I'll be mobile soon. They did save me a huge plate of food it was great. Turkey and ham, mash and executive potatoes, executive is my fav, mac and broccoli casserole, yams, stuffing. Was really good.

Glad you ate well ! Hope your therapy gets you moving soon . .. now I'm hungry for cheesy potatoes :D
My recipe for executive potatoes you can reduce as need be. I'd get 20 lbs of potatoes and boil with skin on till cooked thru then let cool in cold water. Then using a butter knife just shave the skin off it comes off very easily. Then put in drain pan. Then I grate them large grate goes fast then add five lbs of sour cream and five pounds of shredded cheddar but save some for topping. I would usual get two 14x10 trays and one 8x8, sprinkle chopped green onions and cheese on top and bake till the cheese is melted and potatoes hot. The large trays were for the family dinner and the small was for our long time friends and neighbors the onishishi. They moved into this neighborhood like us when the houses were brand new and fountain valley was expanding. Wanna do a thing with shealards pie and use executive potatoes instead of creamy mashed. Should be great. To be a true Shepard's pie you had to use ground lamb, but I'm doing ground beef brown in pot till browned then pour off the oil to make gravy then back into the pot add birdseye veggie mic diced carrots, peas , corn, mix layer in casserole dish layer of potatoes 1_1/2---2inches bake serve, another way I want to make a pot roast and shred it instead of ground beef I think that will be really good.

Latest posts

Back