Tamiya's 1/35 M551 Sheridan

wyoroy

I started this Christmas morning. It was a gift from my seven year old son Alexander ;D

Christmas20111.jpg

M551ImprovedBarrel004.jpg

M551ImprovedBarrel004.jpg

M551Improvements001.jpg

M551Improvements002.jpg

M551Improvements003.jpg

M551Improvements004.jpg

M551Improvements006.jpg

M55150Cal001.jpg

M55150Cal002.jpg

M55150Cal003.jpg

M551Improvements005.jpg

tried to make a few improvemnts. The 50 cal was my first attempt at improving one, not too bad for the first try. Loads better than what I started with. This is my third armor project ;D

Thanks for looking and comments and suggestions are welcomed.

Looks very interesting, i've not seen this kit before. Nice scratch work. :)

Good luck.

TTFN Matt

Thanks Matt. It's my first real attempt at scratch work. With anything the more you do the better you get at it. At least that's what I'm told ;D

Very nice scratch work buddy :)

its looking good !

shane

I plan to prime it tonight. Something I wantto do is give MIG pigments a try using the Vietnam Earth color.

Wow that is one old gal!

That when Tamiya and Academy were the MRC company! I think? Late 70's

Only Academy is keeping them in stock now and then! The Vietnam variant seen here.....and the Gulf War (DS1) variant just before they were retired!

You are doing some pretty neat modifications to yours! I'll be watching! Love that thing!

Take care!

Norm.

Nice start !! I like what you did to improve th 50 cal ! I'm lookin forward to seein' this thing painted & weathered ... from th 'Nam !

Norm and Panzerace, I've seen the work you guys do and having you say this about my work goes along ways for me, thank you very much. When it comes time to do the weathering, need to order some stuff for it (Vietnam earth from MIG) I'll be coming to you guys for advice ;)

Sprayed a base coat of MM flat black yesterday and today I sprayed some MM olive drab. Still need to work on light coats. Not as much shading as I was looking for but there is some. May not show up well in the pictures. Thanks for looking and comments and suggestions are welcomed.

M551SheridaninOD001.jpg

M551SheridaninOD002.jpg

M551SheridaninOD003.jpg

M551SheridaninOD004.jpg

M551SheridaninOD005.jpg

Thanks Spud. One question, can you see any of the black shading?

I was thinking of trying my hand at spraying some faded olive drab on the panels and such. What say you?

i can see it, ive never done any kind of color modulation my self but it dont hurt to try

Oh, just spray it already will ya! ;D ;D ;D

Roy, it's a tank. It lives IN the earth. Sock it to it. You can't really go so wrong that you can't fix it. You'll do fine. I have no doubt. 8)

ROY ,

Lookin Good !! Thanx for th kind words , now ya' got Me blushin' ;D

Th paint loks great ! One thing I picked up from some guys on Olive Drab ( and any one feel free to correct Me if I'm wrong, but as th Olive wears it actually gets darker in stead of lighter & th Vietnam Olive Drab , at least on Video looks Really Dark ! I agree with Shutter , ya' really can't go wrong !

Latest posts

Back