Tamiya's Early Tiger 1......1/35 scale.

Phil57

Hi guys,
Here is my latest offering from Tamiya which I have just finished. I really liked this kit and it was a pleasure to do. I built it straight from the box with no after market items and just used the stock figure as supplied. My intentions were to portray one of the first Tiger's sent to the Eastern front during the end of winter in early 1943. That way I did not have to attempt any zimmerit. I am still unsure why I did not use any of the decals supplied. I didn't forget, I just decided not to use any.
Still have a base to build but for now I thought I would just show the completed kit. Thanks.

Phil

Attachments

• _DSC3400.jpg
    _DSC3400.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 20
  • _DSC3401.jpg
    _DSC3401.jpg
    164.3 KB · Views: 20
  • _DSC3402.jpg
    _DSC3402.jpg
    181.8 KB · Views: 18
  • _DSC3403.jpg
    _DSC3403.jpg
    193.9 KB · Views: 18
  • _DSC3404.jpg
    _DSC3404.jpg
    212.1 KB · Views: 20
Hi guys,
Here is my latest offering from Tamiya which I have just finished. I really liked this kit and it was a pleasure to do. I built it straight from the box with no after market items and just used the stock figure as supplied. My intentions were to portray one of the first Tiger's sent to the Eastern front during the end of winter in early 1943. That way I did not have to attempt any zimmerit. I am still unsure why I did not use any of the decals supplied. I didn't forget, I just decided not to use any.
Still have a base to build but for now I thought I would just show the completed kit. Thanks.

Phil
Nice, just built that kit myself and I agree with you that it's a nice easy build.
Like the weathering and great work on the commander.
Pantherman

NICE!!!!! I have one partially built and has been sitting in a box for a few years, should dig it out and finish it as Otto's tank on the Eastern Front....some day maybe.
Tiger1 18.JPGTiger1 23.JPG

Yes 1/35 Tamiya early Tiger 1 old mold kit. I did build one 25 or so years ago, gray like box art. I have Otto's decals for this, read his book "Tigers In The Mud" years ago.Tiger1 2.JPG

I did buy PE screens for it.....that's about it. I am really interested in Otto's Jagdtiger, much more interesting looking I think, too bad it was a "white elephant". Kinda eyeing up Tamiya's 1/35 kit.

Hi guys,

Phil
Amazing work! Lots of great detail.

I did buy PE screens for it.....that's about it. I am really interested in Otto's Jagdtiger, much more interesting looking I think, too bad it was a "white elephant". Kinda eyeing up Tamiya's 1/35 kit.
I bought PE screens for my Tiger too.

I agree Gaz with Tigers in the Mud. I have just finished reading it for the second time hence my tiger project. I did think about PE screens but thought nah, why spend more money. The image I had in my head of what I wanted to achieve didn't really warrant spending more money. I also thought about extra figures, but I like building tanks and just using one or maybe two figures. Besides, painting figures is something I am not all that keen on. I believe I have improved, but I really don't like doing them.

Latest posts

Back