Tamiya T72M1

Quote from: Elm City Hobbies on Today at 02:13 PM

First off the white cross adds some visual interest, but the blue fuel drum really pops!

Thanks Scott. Any idea what that white marking indicates?

Likely just an air recognition symbol so that their own airforce doesn't bomb the crap out of them. ;)

Elm City Hobbies said:
Quote from: Elm City Hobbies on Today at 02:13 PM

First off the white cross adds some visual interest, but the blue fuel drum really pops!

Thanks Scott. Any idea what that white marking indicates?

Likely just an air recognition symbol so that their own airforce doesn't bomb the crap out of them. ;)

I was thinking it was used during training.... :p

Could be either...

Another wee update. Been looking at armor builds online and decided my basecoat needs 'something'. More variety, more contrast. Something lighter to help with the weathering that is going to follow. So I lightly sprayed Tamiya Buff in a squiggly pattern...just for ghits and shiggles.

I also painted 'the other' barrel staright up olive drab, masked some stripes on the big gun and base coat rusted the exhaust.

I think it's decal time. One Czech decal. Maybe two.

4591.jpg

4592.jpg

4593.jpg

Looks great man. You going to chip the white paint? Don't know if it would chip like the base coat would? Still be neat seeing some of the OD under the white.

Thanks John. I'll chip it a bit but only a bit...as though it was added recently.

Looks great so far Scott. That little bit of Buff you put down did the job.

Is it safe to say you have the armor bug now?

Thanks Adam. Yeah, got the bug. I'm sure it will wear off and I'll eventually jump over to another genre but for now, and with Armorcon on the horizon, it's armor.

Some seriously super cool work there man !! ...you've done this before haven't you ;D

Chris.

Hey Chris, thanks. Gonna really try and push my patience with the weathering...layers upon layers.

A bit of bench time today...hopefully more later.

Playing with some AK Dust FX.
4594.jpg

Thanks John. I had airbrushed that vertical service with Dust FX, then removed with damp flat brush.

I've pretty much covered this thing in dust. A bit of chipping too...this and that. It's kind of too dusty...but there will be at least another 10 days of layers on this thing before I'm done.

Any comments or suggestions are totally welcomed.

4595.jpg

4596.jpg

I'm not really sure what to do as far as painting that front tow cable...??

That's not too dusty! Looks great man. All I do for my tow cables is Bolt Gun metal, black/dark wash, and a touch of rust pigments here and there.....But this is modern and I don't know if that would apply? Are the Tow cables painted the same as the main colour of the tank in this new crazy world we live in now?
Oh and I don't know how dusty you wanna go with this but in the areas that have got the most dust on perhaps use a wash of AK dust effects in the panel lines?

Thanks John. ;)

After another couple of hours messing with this here's some pics. I messed with some pigments then glued the top on. Gotta plumb those tanks. Some streaking grime, chipping, more dust, more this more that. I'll leave this alone now and after it's really dry hit it with a layer of varnish and keep at it.

4597.jpg

4598.jpg

4599.jpg

4600.jpg

Yip ...what he said ;D ;D lovin it !!! Looking the doggys danglers mate ;D For the tow rope i would probably go with the dark brown and some rusty washes .

Chris.

Latest posts

Back