Tamiya T72M1

Looking good!! As far as the tow cable, paint it flat black, then use the AK dark steel pigment to give it that metal effect, (failing that, graphite dust from a pencil will work also), and then a rust wash.

Keep in mind though, even if the tow cable was painted the same as the tank, it wouldn't stay that way for long, as the paint wouldn't stand up to the use and flexing of the cable. That is unless the crew never used it, and then it would just be weathered like the rest of the tank.

Thanks for the comments guys. I did find some reference where the tow cable is painted the same as the tank. We'll see where it ends up.

Last night I messed with some AK Nato Rain Marks. They appear much more stark in these photos than to my eye...I'll have to feather them more yet.

4601.jpg

4602.jpg

4603.jpg

Spent some time tonight playing in the mud...and getting tracks on, and some rainmarks, and a bit of chipping.

4614.jpg

4615.jpg

4616.jpg

4617.jpg

[attachment deleted by admin]

Looking great there dude!!! That mud stuff is something on my list to try some time ;D

You did a good job with yours!

Thanks John. It's a fun thing to do...and easy too. Of course this is the Mig taught method. Really simple.

adampolo13 said:
Holy freaking crap dude! That looks amazing!

I second that ;D I'm playing with mig pigs at the moment on my Hanomag... Any tips to share ? I've just been dumping mine on then fixing with white spirit, have you been mixing with anything else? I've got their resin but not realy sure what to do with it :-\

Thanks guys. I"m having fun and trying to learn a bit.

Rookie - that's what I'm doing too. Dust pigments first, then darker mud. I did not make those splashes with pigments though, that's AK Dust and Earth FX mixed with plaster and thinned a bit with white spirits.

Thanks man.

Had a wee bit of time to work on this one. Just trying to build up some layers of crap. Also been messing with adding some foliage camo. This is the reference.

4627.jpg

And here are some first attempts. Note that I have not tied this to the barrel yet. Need to get some dark thread. This stuff will need to be dirtied up as well...and more added to the hull etc...

4623.jpg

4624.jpg

4625.jpg

4626.jpg

Latest posts

Back