Tamiya T72M1

Sometimes. Tonight only on the brushed 'rubber' parts.

The lights at my photo booth are really hot - they dry the paint pretty good.

Alright now can you please tell me how the ... did you mask that white stripe.... its like crazy strait on a very uneven surface ???

It's exactly the width of tamiya tape. I first layed tape where the line would go, then two pieces of tape in either side. Then I removed the middle. I airbrushed straight down, lightly building up the color to prevent overspray.

Ha! You weren't joking about gettin started on this! Nice one, looks slick.

Thanks John. Just wanna have fun with this. At least it's not in primer anymore...

This morning I couldn't resist fixing that stripe...but now I have to work. Hopefully I'll get more done later. ie: noon.

4583.jpg

Bit of an update tonight.

First I finished the stripes, detailed a few small things like light covers and stuff...all the flat black callouts. I also painted the road wheels (not pictures cuz it's boring)
4585.jpg

Then I removed (snapped off) one of the tool boxes and painted it a sand color. I figure the guy that owns this tank sourced a part on eBay or sumthing.
4586.jpg

John Simmons suggested that I try an 'mottle' a lighter shade of green so I tried it. Adds variation.
4587.jpg

That's about it for tonight. It is a huuumid evening up here in Canuckville.

Scott Girvan said:
That's about it for tonight. It is a huuumid evening up here in Canuckville.

Sounds like your getting the weather we had last week.

Great update by the way! I'm really diggin' that box painted sand and the color modulation.

Thanks Adam. I like the variation it adds.

ps: i just modified your post to fix the quote tag.

Well...my obsession with modelling is back in full force. Last thing I did last night and pretty much first thing this morning. This sure is fun.

I regret gluing this all so tight, I would have rather had a dented tank in the back. Tried to remove one but no luck and didn't want to risk breaking the delicate tank holder thing. Under the colors there is hairspray and metalizer under that. I'll let this sit a bit (cuz I really should work) then add some chips and scratches. Then I'll touch up the straps with olive green. I've seen this color used on other builds...I likes it.

4588.jpg

[attachment deleted by admin]

Thanks Adam,

Got some chipping done. Pretty low contrast but I'll work on that with weathering.
4589.jpg

I'd say next up decals...all two of them.
4590.jpg

[attachment deleted by admin]

Do I have any AK fuel stains...?

Surely you jest. LOL. Yeah, I do.

I want to corrode the bare metal a bit. I did the same with the Rig Rat. Some delicate sponging of grey tones. Might try some grey oil paint on that as well.

oh neat that was Fast Scott and it looks Fantastic, :) and im glad i inspired you a bit :D

Elm City Hobbies said:
First off the white cross adds some visual interest, but the blue fuel drum really pops!

Thanks Scott. Any idea what that white marking indicates?

spud said:
oh neat that was Fast Scott and it looks Fantastic, :) and im glad i inspired you a bit :D

Thanks Spud. Yup, you did get the fire going.

adampolo13 said:
Yes, I was kidding. :p

lol.

Latest posts

Back