Tamiya T72M1

Junkie

For my shelf queen project I will paint this guy. Been sitting there whispering for years.

4575.jpg

Here's a link to the original thread: http://www.scalemodeladdict.com/index.php/topic,1224.0.html

Well no sooner do I revisit this build, CA a few parts that broke off in storage, than it hits me...

ARMORPHOBIA! The fear of building armor and getting it wrong. It's a form of paralysis that limits one's ability to begin painting a tank.

I look at this thing and don't know where to start. Funny thing it is. I need to research the camo pattern...and find out what Olive Drab 2 is.

With the Civil war in Syria going on, the possibilities are endless for something like this.

Have a look at this YT page. Sort of the only news agency with the b*lls to follow the story from both sides of the conflict. Some real world combat and ingenuity to keep vehicles going over there.

http://www.youtube.com/user/newsanna

Do what I do and ignore historical fact and reference and just build it how you want. Imagine it was from Tatooine that'll help ;)

Scott Girvan said:
For my shelf queen project I will paint this guy. Been sitting there whispering for years.

Lies!!!!!!! :D

It will be Awesome to Finally see this painted Scott

spud said:
It will be Awesome to Finally see this painted Scott

It sure would. Researching now although John has a good point up there.

Thanks for link Scott - gonna check that out.

Well...I've discovered that there is no such thing as a 'camo pattern' for this tank. Can't find two the same. From mono green to green with black, to mono tan, tan with black, any combination of above and beyond.

I guess I'm safe just to vamp....and paint one of the fuel tanks blue or sum'in.

I build how John does Build how you want once you are happy with the results.

and that would be a cool way to display the Tank

My OCD drives me nuts...literally. I'm going to take that advice though. This is supposed to be fun, so I choose fun.

And yes, cool display. Just might try it.

Having some fun tonight. The green is XF58 Tamiya Olive Green.

4576.jpg

4577.jpg

4578.jpg

4579.jpg

Spud, your sarcasm pushed me over the edge. ;D Thanks, I needed that.

thanks man. It's kinda fun painting with no - self imposed - expectations.

Looks good dood!!!! I had no idea you had one of these stashed away. Can't wait to see what else ya do to it!

Thanks Adam. Yeah - since 2010... ::)

So I kept at it. I painted a quick camo with flat black. I found it to be too solid of a black so I went over it again with the Olive Green, just hazing a bit there and there to 'de-unify' the opacity of the black.
4580.jpg

Then I brushed the skirts with AK's Rubber color paint from the track & wheel set. Should look cool with some dust effects.
4581.jpg

Then I masked off the white stripes and had a wee bit of a spider...which I'll fix tomorrow. Me eyes is crossin. Actually, looking at the reference photo the stripes appear rather new. I might weather this a bit then mask them off and repaint - make it really pop.
4582.jpg

Get in on the group build guys. Gonna be fun. Heck it's already fun.

Latest posts

Back