Tamiya Mustang p51d 1/72

builder101

Hi, I have not posted anything to this site for a while but thought I would share a picture of this model that I just completed for my 8 year old son. I liked explaining to him a little history how these planes were used in WW2 that his great grandfather was part of.

I really enjoy Tamiya models and I hope that to the viewers on the forum that it looks decent this is my third aircraft model that I have completed. So, if it is not up to quality any comments or advise is welcome.

I have been reading fine scale magazine for a few years and have reflected on some of the articles to assist with this build painted in mostly Tamiya and Alclad. This out of box build was a fun to paint and I think I may pick up some more 1/72 scale aircrafts for the future.

Thanks for looking.

unnamed1_zpsay3iwy5t.jpg

It looks great one of my fav aircrafts. I don't see anything wrong with it, but I am one who just enjoys the building I don't worry about it being perfect :)

Thanks! I build for fun but always trying to make improvements as I have a few that did not turn out as I intended.

Thanks for the comments, really appreciated!. The work I have seen digging through the forum here is inspiring. I just ordered a 1/72 scale P-47D Thunderbolt bubble top by Tamiya. http://www.tamiyausa.com/items/plastic-model-series-20/1-72-scale-aircraft-19000/1-72-p-47d-thunderbolt-60770

It will be some time till I get the kit bought on Ebay from Hong Kong I believe. In the mean time I had a friend from work give me a kit that he bought right around 82 that he never built. I just puled it from my stash and it will be the biggest kit that I tried to tackle. To my surprise it is a 1/8 scale Monogram 82 Corvette Collectors Edition. It is huge and I am trying to do a lot of extra detailing and give it some extra work. I imagine it will take a lot of putty and added detail to bring it to life. I will post a thread in the auto section once I get more completed and if it starts to come together.

Thanks again.

Your third completed aircraft model is light years away in terms of quality compared to my third. Ah, the 80s.

Really great going there.

Latest posts

Back