Tamiya 48 scale Beaufighter

WayneBt

Here is my entry. One of these time I should finish a kit. My track record is very dismal. So here it goes.
1/48 scale Tamiya Bristol Beaufighter. I plan on doing the 96th Fighter Sq. based in Scotland. It is going to be done in a grey/green scheme which will be good for weathering. It is also going to be out of the box.

Wish me luck in finishing it in time.

Wayne Beattie

DSCF2097.jpg

I have the basic color painted and some panels picked out. I need to some more painting but you can get the idea of it.

All comments are welcome.

DSCF2105.jpg

DSCF2106.jpg

DSCF2107.jpg

Nice choice ,Thats a beauty of a kit .I built one last year ,torpedo version with the invasion stripes :) . Nice start ,but in the pics the interior looks grey ? ..it should be interior green shouldnt it ?

Chris.

Hi Chris, it is interior green the flash just washed it out a bit.

Charlie, I believe the piping is some heat ducts.

No worries Wayne . Wasnt trying to be picky or anything ,it just come across as light grey in the pics ;)

Chris.

Hi Chris,
I never really noticed. Like I said, it is painted British interior green. The photo just doesn't prove it. :)

Work is happening, I have part of the wings together now.

I have to change the Squadron markings. The kit decals are so out of register it almost makes my eyes sore. I am now doing 604 Sq RAF, this one is going to have a thimble nose radar on it. Good thing I checked before progressing farther. I have the wings together. The fuselage should be going together sometime this week. I am trying to finish a Tamiya Mosquito before the end of the month for a contest. The Mosquito is helping practice painting the green grey scheme used on the Beaufighter.

Here is a pic of the Mosquito.

DSCF2110.jpg

Sad news about the Decals but those things Happen !!!

Nice big gal you have there..... Keep up the good work ! she looks pretty cool !

Nice camo ! Looking forward to your next update !

Norm.

Bit unusual for Tammy to have bad decs ??? ,you caught me out with the Mossie pic ;D I thought ...hang on ..Thats not a Beau !!! ,teach me to read first huh ;D Looks good ,nice camo ;)

Chris.

Looks good. How much of the interior would you be able to see after it is all done?

And on a side note..
WayneBt said:
I'm glad we are not the only ones with perverts running our schools... ;D
Balki

Balki said:
Looks good. How much of the interior would you be able to see after it is all done?

When all closed up you can see the cockpit but not much of the rear interior. You would have to cut it and have the rear hatch open to see the interior.

Wayne

Got the fuselage together but Photobucket won't let me upload any pictures at the moment. I am sanding the seams on the fuselage, so hopefully going to mate the fuslage and the wings this weekend. I will post some pictures as soon as I can

Wayne

Latest posts

Back