Tamiya 1/48th scale M-26 Pershing "Miss Pershing"

13aceofspades13

lets kick some tires and lights some fires!
Hay guys, trying something new, this is going to go into my Dogfight Diorama, to see that just pop on over to the Its a bird its a plane forum http://www.scalemodeladdict.com/forum/index.php/topic,1585.0.html. This is my First tank, so wish me luck XD.

check out all the goodies
M-26-1.jpg

the Chassis appears to be die cast metal, the Tank itself looks very detailed, lots.... of parts, this will defenetly be a interesting build to say the least. does anyone have any tips for a first time Tank Builder?

HISTORY OF THE M-26 PERSHING!

the M-26 Pershing was introduced during the later parts of WWII in essence it was Designed to Equal or better the German Tiger Tank. the M-26 was a compleetly different animal than the early, more vulnerable M-4 Sherman, and M-10 Wolverine. it featured Frontal armor just a thick as the Tiger tanks, but with a much greater sloping, so in this case the M-26s frontal armor was better. it was powered by a 500HP Gasoline Ford V8, and had a 90MM Cannon that was just as powerful if not more powerful than the Tiger Tanks 88MM cannon. the M-26 was a good solution to the Tiger issue, however the M-26 Pershings introduction was too late too few, it was introduced some time during 1945, and with few units built, the M-26 was too late too few to have a major impact! starting Quicker Development and production of the M-26 during the Beginning of the war, would have slowed Production of the Already serviced and easier to produce M-4 Sherman Tank, and Sherman Based M-10 Wolverine Tank Destroyer.

2 Variants of the M-26 called the "Super Pershing" where equipped with thicker frontal armor with even greater slope, and thicker turret armor, and a longer... 90MM cannon, this was supposed to be the solution to the King Tiger, however Only two where Put into action, and its introduction was extremely late.

There are rumors of a M26 that the PA National guard reacquired from a VFW, undergoing cosmetic restoration, I'll try to track it down and throw images up in the reference forum.

Jeep said:
There are rumors of a M26 that the PA National guard reacquired from a VFW, undergoing cosmetic restoration, I'll try to track it down and throw images up in the reference forum.
awesome :D!!

so here is whats done so far that i have pictures for.

this is the Picture of the assembled Hull, its amazing how easily the parts went on the Hull, i was verry pleased with the Detail and Quality!
TankHullBuilt.jpg

so i got it all painted with Flat Olive Drab, it looks good, and its a nice clean color, most of the tanks parts are painted olive drab, i will get to the details on later really easy...
TankHullPainted.jpg

well weathering, Mud.... alot of people use pigments and such, i just used Brown Enamel, it goes in thin easily, so i dried brush Brown on first, then dry brushed on A little tan over the top to make it look like dried mud over the parts that would most typically have dry mud on them!
TankHullMudWeathering.jpg

what do you think so far guys? ;D

M-26 looking good, i added some tracks, its silver right now, but later im going to add some mud effects, then eventually snow with Spackle.

TankHulltracksadded.jpg

schweinhund227 said:
Going to town with this I see!

Those little kits are fun to build! Enjoy!
thanks XD
yea i hope it i can get it finished before christmas, along with the rest of the diorama its in, i have gone a little farther than this, but do not have pictures yet... the Tank WILL!! be done soon unless somehow it got destroyed while i was gone from grandpas, and i should have pictures for you guys of the rest of the building process, and the finished product.

thanks for your comment!

A virgin Tread-Head are ya? Welcome to the dark side, heh heh heh. No, really, that thing's looking pretty fine. I've got a few of those 1/48 Tamiyas in the stash but haven't tackled one yet so I'll be watching this build.

Bullet21 said:
A virgin Tread-Head are ya? Welcome to the dark side, heh heh heh. No, really, that thing's looking pretty fine. I've got a few of those 1/48 Tamiyas in the stash but haven't tackled one yet so I'll be watching this build.

Awesome! its been a real joy with this one, i recommend cracking one of those out and putting them together!

Hullassembled.jpg

so the hull is assembled in this picture, it was really easy to do, just glue on, then once thats done the rest of the assembly is really easy, put the turret together, put it on, add the details! however sadly i forgot to get pictures of that part DX, but i can tell you from experience this part was EASY....... once again, highly recommend this kit, Tamiya really did a good job!

Finishedtank2.jpg
so... after i attached the turret, did the rest of the weathering and details here is what it looks like for me when it was finished... however there are more pictures, to see the rest go here
VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
http://www.scalemodeladdict.com/forum/index.php/topic,1648.0.html

Latest posts

Back