Tamiya 1/48 M6A1 Seiran

Hey guys,
Slow progress this week...work commitments... :mad:
Anyhow, here are a couple of updated pics. Sorry for the quality of the shot of the rear seat and harness. iPhone wont zoom in any better.. It looks better in the flesh.
Cockpit just scratched up a bit at this stage. Much more weathering to be done yet and harness by no means finished. cheers.
*edited to correct spelling error :p

[attachment deleted by admin]

Here is a bit more detail on the home made harness for "noname" and anyone else interested. Not as good as PE but cheap and in my opinion, looks good once given a wash and glued to the seats.
1. First pic shows the buckles and some harnesses in various points of progress. These are made from fuse wire wrapped around something small (depends on the scale you want) then cut with a curved blade whilst still in wrapped position. The straps are cut from stuck together Tamiya tape. Leave a little bit of tape hanging out one end so that it can be folded over later and stick in position. Slip a buckle over the end and fold the sticky end of the tape over to secure it. Squish the buckle up a bit then glue it.
2. The other pic shows the harness with adjustment buckle. Just place this buckle where you want it, slip a bit of wire through as shown then glue it at the back. When the glue is dry, cut the excess wire off. Then do some weathering (this one is not weathered yet) and you get a pretty fair result for not-much-cost.
cheers.

Thanks for posting how you make the belts FW. I've never tried to make any, but i've wondered how some guys approach making them.

Those belts look fantastic. I think they look better than PE to be honest. PE just doesn't have that thickness and depth you get with tape, they still look flat and stiff to me.

Hey guys,
Have not made an entry for a while whilst I have been trying to finish of another build. Anyhow. here are the latest shots of the Seiran as of this morning. Sorry about the close up one. I will soon be getting a better camera and tripod which should help.

Nice looking cockpit FW ,good to see the fuse closed up too ,you're a bit goo with those belts !!!

Chris.

Well...I finally got some quality time with my Seiran and have now FINISHED!!! YAY!!!
I have to say that it has been a pleasure to build and I have really enjoyed this Group Build. I have added some pictures below and I hope you like it. Thank you for running this GB and I look forward to the next one. Cheers to all of you and Merry Xmas.

Nice work FW! I really like the way the chipping came out! What did you use to do the chipping? Good to see you back. Again great job on the Seiran and merry christmas to you and your family!

Merry Christmas to you too FW!!! Excellent job on this sir!!! Love the color and the chipping Well done!! ;)

Latest posts

Back