Tamiya 1/48 FW-190D-9.

13aceofspades13

lets kick some tires and lights some fires!
so look what finally came in the mail, yay! the FW-190D-9 (also the Mini figures required to finish the build) the Kit looks nice all around, what i plan to do is make the D-9 pray for the Ace Of Spades P-51 in the Dogfight Diorama!

FW-190D-9BoxArt.jpg
here is the box art

FW-190D-9PaintGuide.jpg
here is the painting guide, for paint i am going to do a Winter Camo Scheme as it is winter in this scene! it will consists of whites, light grays, and natural greens.

FW-190D-9InstructionManual.jpg
the instruction Manual is very well detailed, to the point and very easy to understand!

FW-190D-9ClearPartSprues.jpg
clear parts come in there sepearate package.

FW-190D-9PartSprues.jpg
all the parts in there sprue's, and each sprue has its own individual packaging, i don't see any flash of yet, but what puzzled me is the kit comes with a radial engine!? the FW-190D-9 traded in the Double Row 14 Cylinder BMW Radial engine, for a Liquid cooled Junkers Jumo V12 that was more powerful and provided much better high altitude performance! however i don't think thats going to effect the accuracy of the model, i dont think at all the engine will show, or show lack there of if i decide not to put it in, beacuse the radiator and housing pretty much covers everything! the FW-190D-9s Radiator was positioned in the nose in a LARGE opening,
how the Kit appears to be assembled bares a striking resemblance to the Hasagawa FW-190A-8 i finished not to recently!
Butcherbird2.jpg

Latest posts

Back