Tamiya 1/35 JGSDF Type10 *complete*

hummingbird

Hello there beautiful people.

This is my first finished kit to greet the new year with. I will be greeting the new year with a newly finished Type 10, one of the recent offering from Tamiya. Released in September 2013, this kit is very beautifully moulded with moulded-on antislips, clear plastic sheets ( as usual from Tamiya ) and rubber tracks.

I painted this gal in Tamiya JGSDF Dark Green and a mix of JGSDF Brown and normal Brown. A lot of references seemed to show hard edge patterns, I did the green first and masked it off and applied the brown. I just followed the pattern from the instructions. I wanted to exercise artistic license and went for a what-if winter scheme but since I have already made the Type90 in that way, I just decided to keep it factory scheme.

I debated on how to weather it, mainly snows and mud but I realize I have to build more dusty builds as practice so I decided to keep the weathering to a dusty appearance. I didn't do it all dusty ( like my Leclerc) just a moderate amount of dust. The dust was applied first with two layer of oil wash and brushing pigments on top after that.

Here's some photos -
B.jpg

L.jpg

A.jpg

M.jpg

I.jpg

G.jpg

H.jpg

E.jpg

Well, that's about as much I can sum up about the build. More informations and more photos ( many more) can be found on my blog -
http://modeller-innovation.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/tamiya-135-jgsdf-type10.html
Please do have a look and thank you so much in advance for any feedback you guys may have.

Until the next launch .

there's something about those Japanese tanks you gotta love...think it's the sheer brutal appearance. Lovely build of a fine specimen of tank mate!

Cheers

cargoman5126 said:
Great work on the soft edges of the camo....very nice..:)

thank you very much but that's actually hard edge .. I had to mask them as the references photos are all with hard edge camo

Wouter said:
there's something about those Japanese tanks you gotta love...think it's the sheer brutal appearance. Lovely build of a fine specimen of tank mate!

Cheers

Thank you so much sir.. and yes, these JGSDF vehicle are quite sexy

Latest posts

Back